Which free image hosting site do you use?

Hello,

Today I went to Imageshack as I wanted to upload a image of something and post it on a forum. They redesigned it and, IMO, it is kind of heavy but I guess you have to look modern...then I saw that I had "30 days left". No idea what they were talking about so I looked up in Wikipedia and saw that this month, they will no longer offer free uploading; All paid for.

Shame that a lot of images (on Neowin as well) will start to be broken because they went commercial. But hey, I guess they gotta make money.

Anyways, after that boring story, I was looking for a free image hosting site that allows direct links. I usually upload screenshots and such so I dont need a huge upload limit. Just like Imageshack used to be.

Thank you

• Like 1

Used to use ImageShack too, didn't know about them going paid only till just now, pity.  Been using DropBox as well (got 26.5GB, may as well use it), stupidly easy.. copy the image in via Explorer or whatever file manager, right click the image, "Copy public link", done. No clunky web sites to mess with.

Imgur these days, althought I used to use Imageshack. Imgur is just easy to use, no bandwidth limits, etc.

For images I intend to post somewhere (like Neowin):

Imgur

...coupled with Imgur uploader (from https://imguruploader.codeplex.com/releases/view/40965 - it allows me to right click > Send To > Imgur)

...and Firefox Imgur uploader addon that (usually) allows me to upload to them directly, bypassing local storage and saving clicks

For images I do not intend to post somewhere (and other stuff):

Skydrive

...for which Public and Private are both added to Send To special folder

I tend to just host them in a special subdomain on my site tbh. No restrictions, I have full control over when the image is deleted, hotlinking allowed, and no html around the image like at imgur.

• 1 month later...

imgur

stay away from tinypic, they randomly delete uploaded images after sometime. I lost all of my old uploaded images on tinypic but those on imgur still exist back from 2010.

haven't used imageshack much, had problems with broken images

• 1 year later...