Official Star Trek vs Star Wars

The Intergalactic Battle  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek or Star Wars?

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars
  2. 2. Which movies did you like? (select all you liked)

• Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
    • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
    • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
    • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
    • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
    • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    • Star Trek Generations (1994)
    • Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
    • Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
    • Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
    • Star Trek (2009)
    • Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
    • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
    • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope/ Star Wars (1977)
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back/The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
    • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi/Return of the Jedi (1983)
    • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
    • None
  3. 3. What about TV Series? (Select all you liked)

• Star Trek The Original Series (TOS)
    • Star Trek The Animated Series (TAS)
    • Star Trek The Next Generation (TNG)
    • Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DS9)
    • Star Trek Voyager (VOY)
    • Star Trek: Enterprise (ENT)
    • Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003)
    • Star Wars: Droids
    • Star Wars: Ewoks
    • Star Wars Detours
    • Star Wars Rebels
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
    • None

I don't think we have one of these yet!?!

Which one do you like the most Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?

In light of a possible upcoming ludicrous speed ring for Windows 10.

spaceballs_ludicrous_speed.jpgLudicrous-Speed.gif

• Like 1

Star Trek (Not including the JJverse) is far better! Well..Some of it anyways lol

I never watched any of the Star Wars TV shows..I love the original Trilogy for Star Wars. Might watch those again..And I am excited about the new Star wars movie. I hope it's good..

While I do enjoy watching Star Wars sometimes, I still prefer Star Trek, and have watched each episode (Not including TAS) at least six times lol Only seen each TAS episode once..

I'm about to watch every episode of Star Trek in chronological order. Should be fun haha

You left out the best installment of Star Wars, the Holiday Special! Well, it was better than Attack of the Clones, at least. :rofl:

But really the best Star Wars movie is Spaceballs!

Of course, neither Trek nor Wars can hold a candle to Doctor Who.

You left out the best installment of Star Wars, the Holiday Special! Well, it was better than Attack of the Clones, at least. :rofl:

But really the best Star Wars movie is Spaceballs!

Of course, neither Trek nor Wars can hold a candle to Doctor Who.

wpid-photo-feb-27-2013-411-pm.jpg

Star Wars for me.

Now, which of you fools have liked Star Trek V and Star Wars I - III? Own up. 

I am super fan of Star Wars! (Y)

Darth Vader: Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

darth-luke-talk-1.jpg?w=720

and

Darth Vader and Obi-wan duel at end of the movie Star Wars III:

369084_1264949479682_full.jpg

Never could get into Star Wars, but the first (er, last) three movies weren't bad.

DS9 and Enterprise are probably my favorites, and Star Trek Movies, you can't beat First Contact and The Wrath of Khan.

My Vote:

292?cb=20120305071700&path-prefix=en

"Fire Photonic Cannon!"

476?cb=20050924000352&path-prefix=en

As I posted on the other thread, I really hope to see another TV series or even better a Netflix series.

I chose Star Trek, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY. WoK, SFS for the movies.

EP 4, 5, and 6 for Star Wars Movies.

J.J had better do the new Star Wars movie right, or there's going to be some serious problems when the other two come out.

They cater to very different sci-fi subsets that each have their own merits. Trekkies argue about which brand of sub warp singularity coil Picard used in alternate universe 23b... Star Wars is less about technology and more about Jedi pew pew boom yay.

If you try to look at one through the lens of the other, they make no sense. I prefer Star Wars, personally, the universe is just more fun (as evidenced by things like the video games) and usually doesn't even try to make much sense - at best, just serving as character dramas that could as easily have been fantasy as sci-fi.

And Star Wars fans can always emergency escape the argument by asking if Kirk or Picard is better.

• Like 3

They cater to very different sci-fi subsets that each have their own merits. Trekkies argue about which brand of sub warp singularity coil Picard used in alternate universe 23b... Star Wars is less about technology and more about Jedi pew pew boom yay.

If you try to look at one through the lens of the other, they make no sense. I prefer Star Wars, personally, the universe is just more fun (as evidenced by things like the video games) and usually doesn't even try to make much sense - at best, just serving as character dramas that could as easily have been fantasy as sci-fi.

And Star Wars fans can always emergency escape the argument by asking if Kirk or Picard is better.

You summed up my feelings perfectly. I enjoy both franchises, but they cater to different tastes. It's not a fair comparison. That said, Star Wars. :p
  • Like 2

I enjoy both. Both created amazing memories for me growing up. My father passed when i was 9. I grew up sitting on the couch or recliner with my baby brother watching it.

So I love both, but I do have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the 1, 2, & 3 Movies. I enjoyed the back story, but leaving it at 1, 2, 3, and starting 7, 8, & 9 just seems stupid.

Borderline:
I love both. Why? Because each one has it's own variance. I do need to buy the collections again :D My brothers friend jacked 'em :(

never watched a single episode of star trek.   as for movies, i only watched the latest 2.   so not a huge fan.

as for star wars, i loved the original trilogy, and nothing else.     though i have high hopes for the new movie.

never watched a single episode of star trek.   as for movies, i only watched the latest 2.   so not a huge fan.

as for star wars, i loved the original trilogy, and nothing else.     though i have high hopes for the new movie.

Oh man, it gives me tears to hear you say, that you have high hopes for the new movie. I'm sorry, but I'm by far, more curious about BEFORE, rather than after.

I find that if they did a before, it could be a lot more interesting. I'd like to see the Director's of the LotR Series & The Hobbit Series, do Star Wars. I'm also excited for the new Star Trek movie, if it actually happens. With Spock's death, I'm not sure how well it'll work out. Who knows!

Star Wars for me.

Now, which of you fools have liked Star Trek V and Star Wars I - III? Own up. 

Star Wars III was reasonable, certainly better than the terrible I-II. There's no excuse for liking Star Trek V though.  :p

• Like 1

Star Wars.

Couldn't stand Star Trek as a kid. I used to think it was because my step-dad liked it, but he liked MASH too and I LOVE MASH as an adult, but Star Trek just holds no interest for me.

If they do bring the NX Series back, then I would hope they would explain the horrible finale for ENT, with Tucker dying also maybe focus on the Nx-02/Columbia as well.

Paramount should just make "Star Trek Continues" official. It's amazingly true to the original series in both look and tone. And they have Scotty's son playing his old man!

• Like 1