Windows Vista promotional images

Similar to the press release images that I posted for the Xbox 360, I thought it would be complementary to post the promotional images for Windows Vista as well. These images were displayed on the product's manual and on promotional pamphlets; for example, the Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD packaging that I own includes images for the product editions (Home Basic, Home Premium, et cetera).

Win_Vista_Home_Basic_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Home_Premium_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Business_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Ultimate_links.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a fan, too glassy and too many colored gradients for my tastes, I liked it flat-ish even before modern/material/etc. Even later versions of Aero I had to edit out the inane glass and candy colors. Still though, better than Luna.

Similar to the press release images that I posted for the Xbox 360, I thought it would be complementary to post the promotional images for Windows Vista as well. These images were displayed on the product's manual and on promotional pamphlets; for example, the Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD packaging that I own includes images for the product editions (Home Basic, Home Premium, et cetera).

Win_Vista_Home_Basic_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Home_Premium_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Business_links.jpg

Win_Vista_Ultimate_links.jpg

Does win bista icons in the start are pretty sexy lol

Glassy Glossiness!  Not a good look to me anymore.  I actually prefer the flatter, cleaner, less gloss in Windows 8, 10's UI.  But that's just me!  Please don't freak out!  At the time, I absolutely loved the look of Vista.  You know what I miss?  The flashing lights in the little network monitors showing when data was incoming or outgoing. 

• 1 month later...

meh, looks like a Windows Xp shell style.

I always loved and thought Vista was sexy.

It's looking increasingly sexy the longer I use windows 10 :p

I always thought Vista was a good looking OS, still do but it is looking considerably dated now. Those gradients!

I still think Vista looks great, it's just a look that isn't considered "modern" anymore. 

It's kinda like old good-looking cars. Still pretty, but you can tell it's from a different time. 

Windows 10 looks good as it is, but I think they still have some refinement to do. It will start to look better and better I'm sure. Things are still inconsistent here and there, and those white titlebars aren't very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a fan, too glassy and too many colored gradients for my tastes, I liked it flat-ish even before modern/material/etc. Even later versions of Aero I had to edit out the inane glass and candy colors. Still though, better than Luna.

Yeah, just about anything is better than luna lol. Luna has to be in the running for worst (official) OS theme of all time

It's probably a bit late, but are those scrollbar arrows not centered on the scrollbars?

Yeah, just about anything is better than luna lol. Luna has to be in the running for worst (official) OS theme of all time

Windows 10 sure could do with a Luna theme. :p

Bubblegu- er, Luna, was just horrible. Every time I saw it in a professional office or whatever, I cringed.

If only Microsoft had stayed on the track they were on with Vista in terms of UI. I had no complaints at all with Vista's UI at the time (and wish it could be replicated fully in Windows 10). It was the first OS I did not need to tweak, install handfuls of third party tools to get the UI decent looking. Windows 8 brought back having to do so for me. 

The glass UI doesn't fit modern apps, or on Windows 10. Plus, I personally tired of all the dang gloss all over the OS.

inially the metro look was fun but it wore off for me quick and I went back to skinning windows server 2012

What was really strange was each of the Luna variants had a different Start button, too. The "Olive Green" one clearly had a different gradient style on the Start button, and "Silver" used yet another style. Luna did improve considerably with the "Zune" and "Energy Blue" variants. But for XP, I turned on "Windows Classic" and never turned it off.

Yep, that's the one. It was pretty nice.

Now you get an envelope with a key. Yaaaaaaay. 

Guess I shouldn't complain, I don't even have an optical drive, but having something tangible is a little disappointing. Occasionally, I put a nostalgic box up as a decoration (my original Tribes box is hanging above my printer).