Lost the GWX icon when i powered my computer on today

Hi!

Anyone else just lost their GWX icon today and have absolutely no feedback about what is going on with the update? It's not downloading nothing is happening and I have no feedback at all. If I try to run GWX.exe manually nothing happens and the process is not running.

Running a legit activated copy of Windows 8.1 Pro.

Run Windows update.  That should tell you about  your Windows 10 upgrade.  I lost my icon as well but can check through updates.

I had 2 PCs (laptop and desktop) showing no upgrade activity while the other 2 were downloading and upgrading. So I tried this and have everything upgraded and configured.  Follow the directions carefully.

http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-slates/how-to-force-download-windows-10-on-your-pc-and-tablet

Run Windows update.  That should tell you about  your Windows 10 upgrade.  I lost my icon as well but can check through updates.

Nope it's not I don't see any update.

I had 2 PCs (laptop and desktop) showing no upgrade activity while the other 2 were downloading and upgrading. So I tried this and have everything upgraded and configured.  Follow the directions carefully.

http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-slates/how-to-force-download-windows-10-on-your-pc-and-tablet

Looks like it worked but it makes installing Linux looks like an easy installation process ...

Looks like it worked but it makes installing Linux looks like an easy installation process ...

It will take a long while to download and be patient during the preparation time, it downloads another gig and then starts the actual install/boot/reboot etc.

It will take a long while to download and be patient during the preparation time, it downloads another gig and then starts the actual install/boot/reboot etc.

Actually i'm already at 30% but strangely I only downloaded 140MB in $Windows.~BT

Thank you it is now installed, working and activated.

BTW how do I set Windows 10 Pro to not automatically update. Only option in the menu is automatic and notify to schedule restart ...

@LaP, go watch my video that I posted on youtube this morning. It'll make your life much easier

I also had to do the method in the article.

Delete everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Run from administrative command prompt - wuauclt.exe /updatenow