Failed windows 10 refresh/reset function. (no support needed)

I just want to let people know that the reset function is not all it's cracked up to be.  In fact, it inexplicably FAILED (said it couldn't access my hard drive) midway through the reset process, and essentially ruined my installation, forcing me to use another pc to download an ISO and do a REAL clean install. The whole process added an extra 3 hours of unnecessary work because I relied on a function that totally botched itself for a reason that makes no sense at all. 

Honestly, I would NOT recommend anyone try the refresh/reset functions.  The best remedy for a sluggish Windows install is, was, and always will be a clean install.  Anything less is just ###### poor. 

To me, the idea of a "reset" function is akin to dusting AROUND all the furniture, but not actually MOVING the furniture around to get under all the nooks and crannies. It's just asking for trouble.  If there's anyone here looking to try the reset function, just skip it and reinstall the RIGHT way.

I just want to let people know that the reset function is not all it's cracked up to be.  In fact, it inexplicably FAILED (said it couldn't access my hard drive) midway through the reset process, and essentially ruined my installation, forcing me to use another pc to download an ISO and do a REAL clean install. The whole process added an extra 3 hours of unnecessary work because I relied on a function that totally botched itself for a reason that makes no sense at all. 

Honestly, I would NOT recommend anyone try the refresh/reset functions.  The best remedy for a sluggish Windows install is, was, and always will be a clean install.  Anything less is just ###### poor. 

To me, the idea of a "reset" function is akin to dusting AROUND all the furniture, but not actually MOVING the furniture around to get under all the nooks and crannies. It's just asking for trouble.  If there's anyone here looking to try the reset function, just skip it and reinstall the RIGHT way.

similar situation here, I tried doing reset on one PC, it got to about 50% then it stopped, rebooted said reset couldn't be done, then it rebooted 2-3 more times and it was back to windows 10, saying we reverted the changes, reset could not be performed.

Worked fine for me when I did it. 
Sorry that it didn't work for you 

I've done it multiple times on my son's machine (he always manages to muck something up so instead of fixing it I just reset his machine :p ). Never had any issues with it though.