Smart Watch???

Hi Everyone,

So - I haven't jumped onto the Smart Watch band-wagon yet but I am considering it.  My hesitation has nothing to do with the technology but more that I have never carried a watch although I do own some nice ones.  I also love my phone, which is a OnePlus 1 and I enjoy the freedom it brings and thus I am not looking to take away from it.  My wife has a Samsung Gear 2 to pair with her Samsung Galaxy 4 and the one thing I like, is the fact the Smart Watch informs her of emails, texts, notifications, phone calls etc.  

I came across the Razer Nabu and wanted to know what the community thought.  It looks nice / compact and I love colour, however, being that I am not aware of any major adoption - I am worried the device will be pulled from support not to near in the future.  It just looks like a device I wouldn't mind having on my wrist.

Other possibilities:

1. Moto X
2. Pebble

I debated between the Moto 360 and the LG G Watch R. Went with the LG. The new Pebble gear is interesting - but I really wanted full color. I'd say as long as what you pick runs Android Wear, it will be supported for as long as Google continues to support Wear.  I do not think the Pebble runs wear, no idea about the Razer. The rest of the regular players however all run Wear.

Ah! Good point about Andriod wear! I believe Razer has it's own open platform, which only increases the likeliness of Razer abandoning the platform, if it does not generate sales.

It appears the Razer Nabu has terrible reviews - I think I will look at alternatives.

Only one I've ever considered is Pebble. I have tiny wrists though, and most smart watches are huge.

i tried a few different ones (samsung ones, and LG)   i got them as gifts.     sold them off after a few days, as i saw no real benefit to having one.    i mean really.   i don't need this extra functionality.

i would rather wear a nice looking swiss watch as a fashion accessory, and just use my smartphone when i need it.  

maybe in a few years....

if you want a fitness tracker "smart" watch  - then garmin is much better choice

m002305146_sc7?%24splssku%24

• vivoactive™ with heart rate monitor GPS Smartwatch for the Active Lifestyle
  • Play harder, work smarter, live better. Vivoactive with heart rate monitor, the ultra-thin, lightweight smartwatch with sunlight-readable, high-resolution Colour touchscreen, comes with built-in GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing, plus swimming and activity tracking apps. Use on its own or pair with your smartphone1 to receive gentle alerts for incoming calls, texts, email and calendar items plus notifications from social media and other mobile apps. Customize your smartwatch with free watch face designs, widgets and apps from our Connect IQ store. Battery charge2 lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity-tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS. Get a quality workout with our heart rate monitor. When worn around your chest during an activity, it wirelessly transmits your heart rate for instant feedback on how hard you're working.
  • Ultra-thin GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution Colour touchscreen
  • Built-in GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking apps let you view your stats -- even when away from your phone
  • Includes Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor
  • Pairs with your smartphone to gently vibrate and display alerts for incoming calls, texts, email and calendar items plus notifications from social media and other mobile apps
  • Customize with free watch face designs, widgets and apps from our Connect IQ store
  • Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
  • Water rating: 5ATM (up to 50 meters)

this watch is actually useful :)  it costs a fair bit, but it looks better (in my opinion) then others i have tried, and functionality is awesome, if you do any sports. 

my friend has it, and i am seriously considering getting one.

Edited by e.worm jimmmy

The Razor I reckon would be around for a while, mainly because alot of people haven't even heard of it's existence. It is only starting to be promoted largely by word of mouth.
The Pebble has a huge established base, and is widely used already so if It was upto me, that's where my choice would be.

For just some added functionality to android apps I'd go for a android wear watch.

I own myself a LG G Watch which was just 50 usd :D

Only one I've ever considered is Pebble. I have tiny wrists though, and most smart watches are huge.

The LG G watch is the only watch that actually ended up fitting on my wrist, also the Sony SW3 seems to fit on my tiny wrists but it's a bit bigger though.

For just some added functionality to android apps I'd go for a android wear watch.

I own myself a LG G Watch which was just 50 usd :D

The LG G watch is the only watch that actually ended up fitting on my wrist, also the Sony SW3 seems to fit on my tiny wrists but it's a bit bigger though.

The pebble is still a decent bit smaller

adriana-lee-arm.thumb.jpg.bd4e315577b3fc

The pebble is still a decent bit smaller

adriana-lee-arm.thumb.jpg.bd4e315577b3fc

Yeah but the pebble isn't a android wear watch and I prefer android wear over pebble :p

Any size comparison between the new pebble time and the old pebble? Also isn't the original pebble larger then the pebble steel?