Action Center Hidden but not Turned off

I would like to hide or remove the action center icon in the taskbar.

I found out how to turn it off, but then action center does not work at all. I would like to be able to use Windows + A to open it, but have the icon at least hidden into the arrow section.

Any ideas?

If you want to just have the flag moved into the arrow section, manually drag and drop it there. It will stay in there forever then.

You can also go to the taskbar properties - "Customize" the notification area, and set the action center to hide and show notifications or always hide. (or just point control panel to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons)

There are two forms of this menu (at least in 8.1) - At the bottom of the "Turn System icons on or off" there should be a link that says "Customize notification icons". In there you can define behavior.

I just had a look around and it doesn't seem possible, it's either on or off. Dragging it doesn't work (works for the volume icon though) and it doesn't appear under "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

EDIT: a reg edit might be able to do it.

Ah that was the issue.

I forgot the action center was also in Windows 8, so I didn't put Windows 10. Yea I am not talking about Windows 8.

I hate doing reg edits, updates always break the ######.