Windows 10 Action Center Note shortcut

The "Note" shortcut on the Action Center launches the app version of OneNote.  I greatly prefer the desktop version of OneNote 2013.  Is there any way to get the "Note" shortcut to launch the desktop version of OneNote?  Thanks!

• Like 2

I don't think so. I've set the desktop version of onenote as the default version and it still open the app version.

BTW off topic but is there a way to set automatic settings for the quiet hour? Like from 22h to 8h the quiet hour setting is on and outside of it is off?

Quiet Hours: Not yet, but when it comes, it'll likely be a setting in Cortana's Notebook, and you can hopefully use search to find it.

There's no sign of Cortana on my windows 10 install probably because it's not available in my country.

The "Note" shortcut on the Action Center launches the app version of OneNote.  I greatly prefer the desktop version of OneNote 2013.  Is there any way to get the "Note" shortcut to launch the desktop version of OneNote?  Thanks!

Looking into it - could be run through systemsettings.exe, but still digging through regedit at the moment.

HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

Regarding custom Quiet Hours: I haven't tested these settings myself (via gpedit.msc), but they look promising.

Capture.PNG

Edit.

I found one way of doing this, but I'm not sure it is the best way. Someone else can probably easily improve on it.

Ok. Fire up Onenote. File > Options > Save & Backup. Jot down the URL of the notebook.

Open regedit, modify HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote

Replace data in Uri (default is onenote-cmd://quicknote?onOpen=typing) with onenote:the URL that you pulled from Onenote, e.g. it should start with onenote:https://.....

Restart the computer.

Obviously if it doesn't work well and your computer starts exploding, swap the default Uri value back in.

Edited by zhangm

Looking into it - could be run through systemsettings.exe, but still digging through regedit at the moment.

HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

Regarding custom Quiet Hours: I haven't tested these settings myself (via gpedit.msc), but they look promising.

Capture.PNG

Edit.

I found one way of doing this, but I'm not sure it is the best way. Someone else can probably easily improve on it.

Ok. Fire up Onenote. File > Options > Save & Backup. Jot down the URL of the notebook.

Open regedit, modify HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote

Replace data in Uri (default is onenote-cmd://quicknote?onOpen=typing) with onenote:the URL that you pulled from Onenote, e.g. it should start with onenote:https://.....

Restart the computer.

Obviously if it doesn't work well and your computer starts exploding, swap the default Uri value back in.

Last night I tried replacing it with ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ONENOTE.EXE" /sidenote] but it didn't work.  I'll have to try your method!  Thanks!