Windows 10 game recording

It is my understanding that, in Windows 10 has a built in game recording. I've looked around the internet, queried Cortana on the subject and thought maybe some of you studs could tell us how its started.

many thanks.

Chrisj1968

Trag3dy, many thanks. Mods, could we pin this for others? this is a needed info for us less hardened players.. thanks. ;)

Chrisj1968

Trag3dy, many thanks. Mods, could we pin this for others? this is a needed info for us less hardened players.. thanks. ;)

Chrisj1968

Well I had a pop up for it the first time I loaded up a game. I'm surprised you didn't. :laugh:

Also, surprisingly, the xbox button on an xbox game pad brings up the mini console for it too. I'm pretty sure it's the first time in the many years since I've been using an xbox 360 controller that that button has done anything.

Another thing is that you can customize the buttons in the xbox app under settings > Game DVR.

I tried windows key +G and nothing happened. I heard the little windows sound but no interface as I'm sure would have popped up

I tried windows key +G and nothing happened. I heard the little windows sound but no interface as I'm sure would have popped up

Well use the xbox app to customize the controls.

Ok I tried that and while I also did record in the background, I was testing GRAW and it didn't even start. wondering if there is an issue.

When windows sees you in a game there should be a popup saying to hit "win+g" to bring up recording controls. 

If I hit it in another app like chrome it will popup and ask if this is a game, you hit 'yes' and the recording controls should display. 

it sounds like it may be a bug on your end.