Commenting on posts twice is broken

If you comment on a post twice, first in reply to someone else, then a new comment at the bottom, the second reply you've spent ages typing out is completely deleted and a duplicate of the original post you typed takes its place...

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean posting, and then posting again within 5 minutes, the replies will get merged if there are no other replies under your last one.

Also ensure you don't have script blocking software, the editor uses scripts to do the merges and edits. It's one of the few things I haven't had any trouble with (posting, merged posts, multi quoting etc) here on the forums.

Test post merge, I use ghostery for example but I have whitelisted Neowin.

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean posting, and then posting again within 5 minutes, the replies will get merged if there are no other replies under your last one.

Also ensure you don't have script blocking software, the editor uses scripts to do the merges and edits. It's one of the few things I haven't had any trouble with (posting, merged posts, multi quoting etc) here on the forums.

Test post merge, I use ghostery for example but I have whitelisted Neowin.

this is a test

this is a second test which should be merged

this is the 3rd reply within 1 mins, seems to work fine :)