Windows 10 botnet?

To be fair it is quite a big change. People are used to Google analysing their gmail and search results because they are already on there servers. What makes people feel a little uncomfortable is the whole thinking everything they write and say on their computer goes to Microsoft. I can understand that is a little off putting.

Oh yeah this is the jokes section lol. Nevermind.

I wouldn't put this in the joke section ! is it real?

"we will turn it back on"!?

Yes, unless you install a different antivirus...several of which do the same thing.

not too funny.

i remember using a program like XP-AntiSpy

to fix the settings in XP.       now we need Win10-AntiSpy program, that will list all privacy related settings and will allow you to change all of them from one convenient screen.

I put it in the jokes section as I wasn't sure whether I should put it in the Windows section.

The settings are all real, have a look yourself in Windows 10 and go to the referenced configuration options.

I upgraded an HTPC at home and I can't turn the feedback option off. Whereas in previous Windows versions you could disable these settings, and didn't have them all, with Windows 10 it seems that (so far) you can't.

You left out the "we will download updates from Microsoft and other Windows computers on the Internet and vice versa". 

They are pretty much creating a bandwidth disaster waiting to happen with this new "P2P" update feature. 

Also so windows updates can be turned off via gpo (pro only). I had to do this when Windows would automatically keep installing driver updates that kept breaking my GPUs. Apparently Microsoft and Nvidia didn't really discuss WDDM 2.0 so since I have 2 different nvidia GPUs, either one works of they both don't work with the official win 10 WHQL driver. But if I roll back to 4 version behind the latest driver, works great. 

According to Nvidia, there's a fix in the works.... We all know what that means.