Lumia 640 vs 640XL: your suggestion?

I personally think the XL is a little too big, I prefer up to around 5", because then I can use my device one handed if necessary.

Spec wise the XL is the better phone.

I love my 640 on Tmobile, but the camera on the XL is better

I absolutely love my 640 XL. If you want great cameras, a longer battery live and you're not bothered by a larger screen or you even want a larger screen, you should go for the XL. It's a great device. Anyway de 640 has a smaller battery, though it still gets you trough the day, perhaps 2 days, and the cameras have a smaller resolution (but still take great pictures).

I'd go with the XL personally because I want the bigger screen, poor eyesight on my part.  You should stop by a shop and see how the 640 and 640XL feel in your hand before you make a final choice on which one to get.

I love my 640 on Tmobile, but the camera on the XL is better

+1 same here

camera better, better battery, but bigger (too big for me), otherwise same specs

Ordered the XL two days ago after reading a raft of online reviews.

The screen size and camera were the deciding factors.

+1 same here

camera better, better battery, but bigger (too big for me), otherwise same specs

I think the 640's battery life is superb, especially compared to the 521 that I used to have. 

I think the 640's battery life is superb, especially compared to the 521 that I used to have. 

I agree, just saying Battery capacity: 3000 mAh  (640xl) vs 2500mAh (640 which I have). 

Wait for a few months and you can get the newest version of Windows Phones that is made for version 10.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally think the XL is a little too big, I prefer up to around 5", because then I can use my device one handed if necessary.

Spec wise the XL is the better phone.

If you would prefer a more rounded phablet-style device (another common advantage of phablets is higher screen resolution than a phone OR tablet of the same size - examples are S6 Edge vs. Note 5) or you watch a lot of video, go XL.