CPU Heatsink Question

I currently have a Corsair H80i. It's great and all that, but do I really need it? Is there something else that is perhaps quieter?

My i5 3570K, hence the K, isn't overclocked anymore. So, I don't really need the water cooling anymore. The CPU gets up to 50C on load. it is nowhere near it's breaking point.

I heard about 100 people on here recommending the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. And with 3k reviews on Newegg, it's gotta be good... Other than that, are there any good/better CPU heatsinks available? Or should I just stick with the Hyper 212? Or am I just being paranoid? :|

I don't get why you would want to change the Corsair H80i it can't be that noisy which if its the fans you could get quieter ones.

Going by the Fan Noise Level of the Corsair H80i and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO its about the same the HYPER 612 Ver.2 has a much lower Noise Level.

Yeah, I guess I'm just paranoid... Only thing I really hate about it is when it sounds like a train for 10 seconds on a cold boot...

When I turn it on when my parents are sleeping, well..

Do you "need" to put the fans into the block, or can you just connect them to your PC?

Yeah, I guess I'm just paranoid... Only thing I really hate about it is when it sounds like a train for 10 seconds on a cold boot...

When I turn it on when my parents are sleeping, well..

Do you "need" to put the fans into the block, or can you just connect them to your PC?

I have the H80i and it's extremely quiet... sure, there's a little roar when it turns on, but it's only a couple seconds.

what do you mean by the last question?

Do you have to plug the fans into the adapters going into the block, or can you plug those fans straight to your motherboard?

Do you have to plug the fans into the adapters going into the block, or can you plug those fans straight to your motherboard?

Are the fans connected by molex or 3/4 pin?  If you have the option, plug the fans directly into the motherboard.  That way you can set the fan speed via the BIOS/UEFI.  If the fans are plugged into the power supply, they'll always run at full speed.

They are 3-pin, they are connected and configured by the block.

You're paranoid about the heatsink doing it's job? Mine roars when it turns on, it's called powering up. 

Do you have a curfew for when you're allowed to use the PC, don't want your parents finding out you're using it when it's suppose to be lights out? Haha

AFAIK, regular case fans plugged into your motherboard don't speed up like a train on a cold boot.

Not for how late I can have it on, no, but it sometimes wakes them when I was up at 6-7 AM. They usually sleep until 9.

I wish I could leave the machine on 24/7, but my Mom wouldn't allow it.