Man parks plane in driveway

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A Long Island man has angered some neighbors, and faces big fines, after deciding to park his Cessna in his driveway of a quiet residential neighborhood.

Harold Guretzky lives in Oceanside.  He doesn't fly right now because of a medical condition and decided that instead of paying $150 a month to park it at the Republic Airport, he would park it in his driveway.

Guretzky, who is going through a divorce says, "I can't afford to keep it at the airport."

The Town of Hempstead was not amused and has hit him with a summons that could cost him $2,500.  Plus, he could face a new summons every week he leaves the plane in his driveway.

"My neighbors are crucifying me," Guretzky told Fox 5 News. "People have their boats in their driveway."

He says he wants to allow field trips from schools so that kids can see the plane up close.

Guretzky says he has a security system with a PA system to keep mischievous kids away from the plane.

Source

Guretzky, who is going through a divorce says, "I can't afford to keep it at the airport."

Well if you can't afford keep your toys in the toybox, it might be time to get rid of them.

Guretzky says he has a security system with a PA system to keep mischievous kids away from the plane.

I'm sure that's going over as well as the plane in the driveway with the neighbors.

Why do they care if he has a plane in his driveway? It's not like it's harming anyone.

Probably lives in a HOA neighborhood where if your house doesn't match at least every other one they're gonna complain. There are Airparks but this isn't one. Not really that different than having indoor furniture on the front porch and a old toilet as a flower pot and a car on blocks.