Logon without User Screen Does Not Work

Here's the infos:

I would like to boot up the PC and it shoot straight to desktop.

During the setup of Windows 10, I signed in with my Microsoft account.  Currently when I boot up the PC, I have to type in the account password.
I opened up control userpasswords2 through Command Prompt and un-select the option "users must enter a username and password to use this computer".  I then get a box which asks me to enter a username and password of a user that will be automatically logged on when the PC boots up.  I'm certain this is what I did with Win 7, so I go ahead and keep the username that is already in the box and have no password.

However, when booting up, I now see two users on the logon screen, the old username (Microsoft account) and the new one.  The new one doesn't let me in at all.

Am I missing a step here?

When you sign in using your microsoft account it uses that username and password as your account. 

I'm currently booting straight to desktop by creating a local user account without a password. 

After you setup a local user account without a pass and you try to use a windows service like the store or the xbox app will will ask to change your local account to microsoft account again. click skip. 

I set up a local account with no password using the control userpasswords2 but it still asks for one when booting up the PC.

Then when I just click the arrow to log in, it says password incorrect :s

I don't understand why you needed to use "the control userpasswords2". If you make a local user account without a password it should boot to desktop. 

I'm assuming that you've logged into a microsoft service and its switched your local account to a microsoft account. 

Why are you using the command prompt? Go into Settings/Control Panel and setup a local account.