Skyrim Crash to Desktop after upgrade to 10

Upgraded from 7 to 10 and now Skyrim crashes. It crashes to the desktop after you load your game or continue right after the screen with the armor or weapons display. 

If I start over with a fresh new game it will not crash to desktop. I don't want to start over at this point. I want to continue my game (lvl93).  I was running mods and the first thing I did was to not have them load. Running modless even without the hi-res texture packs, it still crashes to desktop. I know my Nvidia drivers are up to date @ 355.60. Direct X is 11.2. I have removed Skyrim and Steam and reinstalled. I ran my game save through Save game script cleaner by Hadoram off of Nexus. It cleaned up a bunch of scripts but the result is the same crash.  Not sure what else to do. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

It must be something related to MOD  & Save game, you need to find out what mod is causing trouble in Saved game.

Some people use customized D3D9.Dll, which also cause trouble.

Check this out, maybe you find some useful information

And here.

It must be something related to MOD  & Save game, you need to find out what mod is causing trouble in Saved game.

SkyUI still had files that were causing the problems. Once everything was unsubscribed from the workshop and in Data Files it loaded up most current game.  

I found Skyrim to crash no more and no less than it did on 7, only now it doesn't display the, "TESV.exe has stopped responding..." message box, it just quits cleanly.

I built a gaming PC to play Skyrim with mods, but even with a good ENB and running on Ultra and hitting 90FPS, it wasn't that great. It didn't make Skyrim feel new again. So I picked up the Legendary Edition on Xbox and did an achievement run. Fallout 4 can't come out fast enough. It'll be made for Windows 10 and the latest tech. I really want them to remaster all the old but still 3D Fallout and TES games, both for the new consoles, but for Windows 10 as well.

I was able to port my full install with mods and saves and NMM settings... but it was NOT a pretty picture. I had to do a lot of copying of things in AppData and stuff, plus retool SKSE. I wouldn't recommend trying it, better to start fresh. Or start fresh and use mods to give yourself your stats from before. I've played through so many times it is a blur now.

(Offhand, I recall SkyUI having issues for some people)

Edited by Zagadka