Fee 2 Pay (The Jimquisition)

I agree with everything he said. The worst part is that we could have prevented this if we had only told publishers so many years ago that we don't like dlc. That we want real expanded content for our games and not reskins sold to use for $1.99.

Whilst I agree with most thing's he's saying, I don't agree with the statement around those who sit there and say its fine its optional it doesn't affect me as being part of the problem because "we put up with it".

If someone can explain to me what I can do about this, whilst still playing the games I love I'd be appreciate it. The way I see it, the only way to vote here is with my wallet, which means I'm affectively giving up most the games I love and guess what, 20 million other people are still going to pay for it so actually nothing changes.

I honestly would love to see people stop complaining about these things and how evil the publishers are and start figuring out a true way to fight it. It's easy to criticize, now do the hard part and figure out how to solve it.

I stopped buying new games that announce dlc before they are released and just wait for the goty edition, if one doesn't come, they don't get my money. 

BF3 was the straw that broke the camels back, I haven't bought EA games since I bought premium for it when I got it with no money going to EA from a humble bundle.

I stopped buying new games that announce dlc before they are released and just wait for the goty edition, if one doesn't come, they don't get my money. 

BF3 was the straw that broke the camels back, I haven't bought EA games since I bought premium for it when I got it with no money going to EA from a humble bundle.

Same here. And it was BF3 for me too. 

I decided to skip any future Borderlands after what they did with Borderlands 2. I think all the DLCs of Borderlands are worth something like 200$ CDN. That's ridiculous.

I decided to skip any future Borderlands after what they did with Borderlands 2. I think all the DLCs of Borderlands are worth something like 200$ CDN. That's ridiculous.

I only bought the season pass and skipped all the other extra DLCs, which where mostly skins, characters and arenas. I don't feel I missed anything really interesting, and the DLCs in the season pass were actually pretty good.

If everyone did DLCs the same way as Gearbox things would still be wrong, but not nearly as wrong as they usually are, IMO.

Whilst I agree with most thing's he's saying, I don't agree with the statement around those who sit there and say its fine its optional it doesn't affect me as being part of the problem because "we put up with it".

If someone can explain to me what I can do about this, whilst still playing the games I love I'd be appreciate it. The way I see it, the only way to vote here is with my wallet, which means I'm affectively giving up most the games I love and guess what, 20 million other people are still going to pay for it so actually nothing changes.

Yea, I never liked the "vote with your wallet" strategy. I just buy what I feel is good value, whilst also really minimizing how much I spend on games.

hmm, I am not sure I see the logic in that. I mean announcing DLC before release is silly, but why boycott a game because of that?

Yea, I never liked the "vote with your wallet" strategy. I just buy what I feel is good value, whilst also really minimizing how much I spend on games.

hmm, I am not sure I see the logic in that. I mean announcing DLC before release is silly, but why boycott a game because of that?

If I end up paying 20 for the complete game with dlc, I win. If I spend 60+15+8+4+15, I've lost and encouraged them to do it more.

These days personally i buy games 1 or 2 years after they were released. This way i have a clear picture of how much i'll have to spend to play the full game.

What frustrate me right now in the industry is the GOTY version of games. It happened to me 2 or 3 times that when i was ready to buy the DLCs for a game the cost of the DLCs was actually higher than the cost of the GOTY version coming with the DLCs. So i had to buy the GOTY version of a game i already bought. That's really stupid and bad business.

So now i wait for the inevitable GOTY, complete, redux, director's cut, definitive edition of a game to buy it. Those versions are usually released 1 or 2 years late and cost 40$ while often all the DLCs are still sold for more than that so people who bought the game at full price are not rewarded at all.

If I end up paying 20 for the complete game with dlc, I win. If I spend 60+15+8+4+15, I've lost and encouraged them to do it more.

Well power to you if you wait for a product to drop in value, I often do the same. Though I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with DLC. It's certainly abused alot, & Jim Sterling is right on the money about micro-transactions though.