OMG... how did this happen?

I was on windows 7 and next moment I'm on Windows 10. heck with the telemetry of big brother watching. who cares? Windows 7 had the NSA all up in our business.

How do I  in home editon setup my updates to be controled by me. one of you knows I recall slightly about going into device manager or something? I wanna be able to control what updates I want to install and which to hold off on.

I feel the neowinians laughter in the background.. muahahahahaha! I feel like neowin is darth vader and I'm luke skywalker when he told him, I'm your father!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

anyway, guys, how can I tweak updates so I can control them? I can hear Xenodrome laughing too.

beioFFLyB9O0M.gif

You've already been given the instructions and advice in your other 5 Windows 10 threads. Microsoft provides you a tool or you can disable auto driver updates. But are you really trying to say restarting your PC automatically started the Windows 10 upgrade? Doubtful.

the answers are here, on the last page of your other thread, https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1269868-downshift-those-who-have-gone-from-windows-10-back-to-windows-881-or-7/?page=3

• Like 2

You've already been given the instructions and advice in your other 5 Windows 10 threads. Microsoft provides you a tool or you can disable auto driver updates. But are you really trying to say restarting your PC automatically started the Windows 10 upgrade? Doubtful.

I have a bad memory anyway. so you'll have to forgive me. but I found this -> http://hakingparadise.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-change-windows-update-settings.html and hopefully works.

That foes not apply to Windows 10 as you can see the post is from 2014.

You have been answered several times as was said so no need for this thread.

• Roger H. locked this topic