So, how many adults are buying a Star Wars BB-8 droid for themselves but pretending it is for a kid in their life?

I'm pretty sure my son needs one... he's 7 months old already, and I can't imagine the rest of his live without one. :yes:

• Like 3

If you're really that desperate to throw cash away I'll give you my PayPal details

It's throwing cash away because... You personally don't like it? That could be said about pretty much everything.

I wouldn't pretend, but as much as I want one I won't get one probably. For the same reason as the Millennium Falcon drone, I'm not sure what I would do with them after a quick play around.

Buying two, one for each of my kids.  Not going to sweat the minor details, like only having one kid.  Whatever, I'm sure I'll find someone to play with the other one.

The technology in these isn't impressive at all to me; so the only reason I would buy one is because it's Star Wars (I'm guessing that's the main appeal for the adults here).

Wish they would have been innovative and made it so that it self-charges when it needs to... As it stands, it's more a glorified R/C toy than a robot, which is what it's supposed to be. :(

Edited by Aquileo

Everyone I know knows I'm a toy collector. If I decided to get one of these, I wouldn't need to conceal the fact its for me. :yes:

The technology in these isn't impressive at all to me; so the only reason I would buy one is because it's Star Wars (I'm guessing that's the main appeal for the adults here).

Wish they would have been innovative and made it so that it self-charges when it needs to... As it stands, it's more a glorified R/C toy than a robot, which is what it's supposed to be. :(

The manufacturer should have partnered with Roomba, so BB-8 could have the practical function of cleaning your carpet! :woot:

Because these sort of toys are minutes of fun and then end up sitting on a shelf collecting dust

That's arguably true of a lot of thing. Even on a shelf it could be decorative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...