Sourcedigit - Linux News Website

That site is way too Ubuntu-centric to be worth paying attention to. I looked through several pages of news and they were all guides or news completely centered around Ubuntu.

I checked that site again today and I saw news that didn't have Ubuntu in the title and I opened it and sure, it's news about an Ubuntu based distribution.

Ubuntu isn't the center of the universe and Canonical doesn't contribute much towards Linux compared to the other big players such as RedHat, all they want to do is make you use their distributions and sneak adware into it so they can make a profit of you. The whole Amazon debacle just shows how egocentric the company is and want quick and big profit.

There are better distributions out there with less bloat and and are more up to date than Ubuntu is.

Phoronix has much better news about actual free software progress and Linuxnix has better guides that are actually educational.

That site is way too Ubuntu-centric to be worth paying attention to. I looked through several pages of news and they were all guides or news completely centered around Ubuntu.

I checked that site again today and I saw news that didn't have Ubuntu in the title and I opened it and sure, it's news about an Ubuntu based distribution.

Ubuntu isn't the center of the universe and Canonical doesn't contribute much towards Linux compared to the other big players such as RedHat, all they want to do is make you use their distributions and sneak adware into it so they can make a profit of you. The whole Amazon debacle just shows how egocentric the company is and want quick and big profit.

There are better distributions out there with less bloat and and are more up to date than Ubuntu is.

Phoronix has much better news about actual free software progress and Linuxnix has better guides that are actually educational.

thing is, most linux websites are ubuntu-centric and i thought about providing an alternative to webupd8 and omgubuntu because lately they don't have as much updates as they used to.  also for beginners it's easier to just add a ppa on ubuntu and install the provided software than pulling it from github and compiling it from source.

let's say that phoronix which is more hardware centric and linuxnix are a nice addition. no need to flame ubuntu in any way. 

thing is, most linux websites are ubuntu-centric and i thought about providing an alternative to webupd8 and omgubuntu because lately they don't have as much updates as they used to.  also for beginners it's easier to just add a ppa on ubuntu and install the provided software than pulling it from github and compiling it from source.

let's say that phoronix which is more hardware centric and linuxnix are a nice addition. no need to flame ubuntu in any way. 

People don't see Ubuntu for what it is. It shoves adware down your throat. Ubuntu is lagging behind the kernel releases and new kernel features and driver improvements take some sweet time to reach Ubuntu. A fresh install of Ubuntu is obsolete out of the box. You don't need to compile from source to run the latest; I most certainly don't do that. You don't need to download source code or clone git repositories to get the latest. There are distributions that run up to date kernels, drivers and userspace software. Ubuntu centric guides are almost nearly useless every time if you happen to run a different distribution.