Linksys EA6900 random throttling

I upgraded my old Netgear Wireless-G router to a Linksys EA6900 a few months ago. Aside from the excellent broadcast range, so far I'm barely satisfied. 

I've noticed that my up/down speeds will drop significantly after the router has been running for a day or so. If I bypass the router (straight through cable modem), I'm back to normal. The fix seems to be a router reset. Then it is fine for another day or two, and repeats thereafter. This is noticeable on both my wired and wireless connections. The loss of speed is over 50 mbps in most cases. The connection status in the system tray shows OK (no "limited" or "disconnected" icons), I've tried different cables for the modem out and between the PC/router, and the status on the Linksys router page shows good.  

Do I have a brick? Is there a setting I'm missing in the configuration? 

Are you running something that would create loads of sessions?  Say p2p?  This can bring soho routers to their knees because they have very limited memory..

What hardware version do you have 1 or 1.1, what firmware are you running native, I show latest

Ver. 1.1.42 (Build 161129)
Latest Date: 05/30/2014

So over a YEAR OLD.. Look to see if it supports 3rd party firmware..  So you say you loose 50mbps, what is your normal speed?

no that thing is a heap of junk.  We bought a few for work and have replaced every single one of them.  Constant reboots really was the kicker for us.  The only fix is to reboot, as you have found. Even with dd-wrt there were constant reboots, sometimes at a reboot it would go back to the linksys firmware...the thing is a pile of crap.

Sell it, junk it, give it to someone who has nothing (this is what I did). Get a netgear r7000 or r8000, this is what we did and have no issues...we go around and reboot once a month to once every 3 months, just because.

ah.. I can see letting it be its own non sla type internet connection, but why not just run the the guest wifi through your normal wifi setup?  This way you could allow for guest access very easy in anywhere you have wifi vs only where you have those public AP..

single fiber link through closets, don't want that traffic going through the single gig fiber link.  Believe me, I want a switch that has more than 4 fiber links in it...and more than 1Gb/s.   Don't want to burn a fiber for that, don't want them on my data switches. 

valid points.. Guests are junk traffic I agree, nothing wrong with keeping that junk traffic off your network ;)