I am in Sydney for 3 days. What to see and do?

I am there this thusday friday and saturday,  i was not planning to stay there, so i did not research anything and will not have time to research

might by a book on it, to read on flight, but i like personal advice?

wasn't there a VR centre or something?  other cool stuff?  besides opera?  i will be staying in CBD (central business district) and walking distance to the Opera house, etc

any and all advice is welcome!    thanks mates!

Edited by e.worm jimmmy

Forget Sydney, get yourself into a car and drive to Byron Bay and visit the Wicked Weasel store. :woot:

oh and eat chicken pies with ketchup!

Forget Sydney, get yourself into a car and drive to Byron Bay and visit the Wicked Weasel store. :woot:

oh and eat chicken pies with ketchup!

Ah!!!

Never been, so my general travel information is:

Um, food I guess :rofl:  I live to eat so... :laugh:  Walk everywhere and anywhere before believing books (and specially avoid, Anthony bourdains food recommendations...)

darling harbour, sydney opera house, the sydney harbour bridge umm manly and bondi beach? the zoo? china town umm....... the rotating tower restaurant int he cbd. botanical gardens

• Like 1

Im in Sydney. Check out Bondi Beach - tomorrow its going to be 38 degrees here, so perfect weather for that and should be decent all week.
Go on the ferries and around Circular Qeuy and the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and do a bridge walk.
Go up Centerpoint Tower and see the city and surrounding suburbs. 
Taronga Zoo - Go pet a Koala and and Kangaroo.
I wouldn't stray too far from the city though you would be most likely shot or beaten up. (seriously, dont even think about going 'out west'). 

Thats all the city things I can think of, our city isnt as touristy as it used to be :(

I wouldn't stray too far from the city though you would be most likely shot or beaten up. (seriously, dont even think about going 'out west').

WTF?

Def. Darling Harbor, nice shopping center, see something in the Imax if that's your thing. Could check out the Maritime Museum, Powerhouse Museum, Madam Tussaud's.

Depending on spending money you could catch a ferry across and see Taronga Zoo.

If shopping is the go, maybe try The Queen Victoria Building and The Galleries Victoria (for Books Kinokunia alone)

In defense of Western Sydney, we aren't all bad, but well, we have our more interesting areas, kinda like England has Blackpool, areas get a reputation.

WTF?

Hey better you be prepared then not :) 
It may not happen, but our western suburbs are terrible lately for violence. 

Hey better you be prepared then not :) 
It may not happen, but our western suburbs are terrible lately for violence. 

yikes! i thought that only wild nature was the only danger in Australia...

no one else has any input?

Well...judging by the comments, my initial analysis would be....if you want a memorable time....
/s    Finish your meeting by lunch. Head down to a "sidewalk/alley" thrift area and get 3 cigars, 2 hand held projectile launching devices and 1 large sharp edged instrument and a roll of duck tape with painter "mix sticks" for splints. Find a Crocodile Dundee hat, vest and croc boots. Go and get a weekend rental of a "Mad Max" dune buggy (insist on lots of insurance), head "way out" west and spend your time bar hopping, mixing with the locals and looking for gas and shells. If you make it back alive, remaining duct tape and stitch count will determine quality of leisure time. No different than after hours watering holes in Halifax, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg or Moosejaw. "Buckle Up".................another alternative is a paid city tour.    /s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...