Elite: Dangerous

Howdy yall,

There was recently a sale on this game and I picked it up for about $26.  Does anybody on here play?  It's a pretty fun space simulator if you're into that sort of thing!

I did for quite the while, still sitting on a Vulture and a million creds trying to figure out what to do next.  Haven't really been playing much lately, though I might play a bit with the new patch.

Only on keyboard, I'm a pve only player, is their much scope for me in this game? still a total rookie...

There's not too much in the way of actual plot, just fly around and do whatever you want to do.

Honestly lately I pretty much only load it up if I just want something to do while listening to music.

Is pvp forced? not sure if I am ready to drop out of SC and be whacked by someone way higher level then me.

If you play online it's always a possibility.  It's pretty rare to be targeted by players in my experience unless you're a trader or in an event, though I don't hang around populated areas long.

Thanks. 

Is their many easier encounters while earning less credits, but more suitable to ease me into the game?

Thanks. 

Is their many easier encounters while earning less credits, but more suitable to ease me into the game?

I don't think the difficulty of the encounters really contribute to the overall learning curve of the game.  I play with mouse and keyboard only and am fine (friends do as well).  The main learning curve is really menu navigation and figuring out small things like how to dock efficiently, how to find the best warp paths, best ways to navigate menus while maneuvering the plane, where you might find particular resources, what types of places have what types of items ect ect.  Overall it's a pretty difficult game but I'd be more worried about crashing into space stations at first than getting griefed in PvP.  There's also a mode where you can play without human players, and a private party mode too.

Thanks. 

The missions given are based on your experience/ratings for certain activities (combat, trading, etc) (I think as of 1.3) so you should be able to just head in and do whatever.

If anyone ever wants to wing up add me on steam!  My name is Fugiss and my avatar is Johnny Bravo lol

I just got my Vulture and it's a world of difference!  I typically work with the police NPC's in high intensity resource extraction zones to take out those with a bounty :).

It's a great ship 99% of the time, but it's easy to slip on your insurance or get into fights still too big for you to handle so be careful with it.

I don't know if I plan to play enough to ever upgrade from it.

• 1 year later...

Elite Dangerous headed to PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017

Includes every expansion and season pass.

By Tom Phillips Published 08/12/2016

Deep space exploration game Elite Dangerous, already available on PC and Xbox One, will finally touch down on PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017, developer Frontier Games has announced.

This new PS4 version will include touchpad controls to allow you to easily swipe through your Milky Way navigation and customise four "hotkeys" via the touchpad to quickly access features which tie into your play style.

Motion controls using the DualShock 4's gyros will also be implemented to let you "fast headlook" around in the middle of combat.

Finally, naturally, the game will get a performance boost on the beefier PlayStation 4 Pro.

Continues...

And with that, Topic Moved

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:44 PM, Andrew said:

Continues...

And with that, Topic Moved

So does the PS4 version require you to be online to play as well?  I backed this game on kickstarter but got a refund when they announced even the single player required an online connection.  Diablo III required an online connection on PC as well but the PS4 version will plays totally offline (I don't even have a battle.net account).  If it allows offline play I may consider picking this up now.  Also, just out of curiosity... when you ARE online do you play with PC and Xbox One players as well in a shared universe or does each platform have it's own set of servers?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, Asmodai said:

Also, just out of curiosity... when you ARE online do you play with PC and Xbox One players as well in a shared universe or does each platform have it's own set of servers?

You're only playing with your platforms players but all players affect the universe.  (As far as I know that's true with the PS4 version as well, though I haven't looked.)