This Device has been removed from OneDrive

All,

For the past week - this annoying message has occurred at least three times on various PC's (all Windows 7) and I am at a loss to figure out what is going on. This message occurs and then I have to re-setup/re-associate my file stash with OneDrive and it goes thru the motions of "processing changes" for 5 minutes or so. Then all is well until a day or two passes and the cycle starts all over again.

Anyone else seeing this oddball behavior?

VP

Yeah. Looking in the Feedback app, it seems like this has started happening to multiple people within the last week or so.

Edit. I'm on 10 and saw it happen twice. I suppose this indicates an error with Onedrive services as opposed to the sync client on any given OS (Windows 7/8.1/10).

Edited by zhangm

I've been having this happen too for the past week or two. Relogging my account and re-syncing isn't too bad for me. However, I also seem to have lost the ability to remotely access the files on my PC, despite the appropriate option being set in the client. That's the bit that I find really annoying.

Was poking around and found out that MS has fixed "something" on the back end that was causing this issue. Would be nice if they could tell us what was up and why it happened.

Like others - I have a ton of stuff on OneDrive and need it to be "there" when I need it to be.

Will see if this this "fix" actually works over the next day or so.

VP