What New Game Can I Play with My Girlfriend?

Hello guys.

I was hoping you could help me, I'm trying to find a game, it can be either Win32, WinRT or Mobile (as long as it exists for both Android and Windows), that I can play with my girlfriend in real time over the internet. Preferably something with some sense of progress, that doesn't get too repetitive. This is really important and would be very much appreciated. I would prefer free to play, but if it's cheap (as in less or about $10), I'm willing to pay, too.

Let me reinforce that I want something where me and her can be alone, or independent form others, in terms of real-life players.

Thank you very much in advance.

Will any genre do? You do realize though we live in the annoying age of, connected to everyone, and everything? It's one reason I continue to play games made many years ago. 

Candy Crush Saga

I kid, I kid.   :p

Ask her and see what she likes to play. 

We can't tell if you two like same game or not...     depends on the interests from between you two.

If you are not sure... then you two can go to http://zone.com and find the games you like. 

Well, right now I think neither of us is very picky, we just mostly want something that allows us to interact with each other in real time, inside the game, and not just in menus and stuff. I will check the website though and see where we go from there, thank you :)

Will any genre do? You do realize though we live in the annoying age of, connected to everyone, and everything? It's one reason I continue to play games made many years ago. 

Older gams work too, so long as we can play together and can interact with each other within the game :D We both have Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS, and the multiplayer mode it has is exactly what we want, but it needs to be unlocked by beating the campaign mode, which she has some trouble doing.

Been wanting something to play that's persistant and just two people or me, hubby,bro,and sis. hard to find those kinda multiplayer games.

Age of Empires 2 HD? its currently 80% off on Steam at the moment. You could play you and her vs AI or you vs her.

I'd say if you want something with progression Age of Empires 3 would be better as you can level up your home city and unlock stuff that will help you do better the next game you play. However AOE 3 is a lot more on Steam.

I know a lot of these posts are kidding around - but when I read the title, my 1st thought was "Seriously ?  A video game ?"

If she is remotely good looking - I can think of much better things to do with y'all's hands
If she isnt - then maybe some of these posts can help - 

My fiance used to kick my butt in Call of Duty, made me not want to play as much.  (she isnt allowed on my computer anymore)  I fixed that ;)

Okay, since it seems you all need me to narrow it down a bit, here's a few things:

First-person shooters are hard, as she has trouble with the camera moving too fast and too much, it makes her head hurt.

Real-time strategy (as someone suhhested Age of Empires) are boring for me.
We both like The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon (though she's only moderately interested).
Platformer games would also be nice. Racing games could also work.

However, keep in mind that it NEEDS to be very lightweight, she has a Windows 10 tablet with an Atom processor and 2GB of RAM, or something for phones, so long as it exists for both Android and Windows Phone. In terms of phone games, we do both have QuizUp on our phones, which is interesting, we're just looking for something where we're a little more active.

And for all the guys suggesting we do "other things", trust me, we would like to, but it's not easy being six time zones apart.

Platformer games would also be nice. Racing games could also work.

However, keep in mind that it NEEDS to be very lightweight, she has a Windows 10 tablet with an Atom processor and 2GB of RAM

Jazz Jackrabbit 2? It's a platform game with a very easy to use level editor.

With an unofficial mod you can play co-op over the internet, out of the box or you can play online modes such team death match, capture the flag, race and some other community created games modes too such as survivor (loads of fun).

It works on anything from a 90mhz Windows 95 PC with 16mb of ram to a modern PC running Windows 10, so will have no problem on a Windows 10 tablet (I have the game on mine), you obviously need a bluetooth keyboard or better still joypad to play it on a tablet however.

You can download 1000's of community created levels from Jazz2Online which will keep you busy until the end of time.

jazz1.jpg

My mind went straight in the gutter when I read the topic.....

Anywho, I played Guild Wars, the original, and it was loads of fun.  Need a good trusted team to play those kind of games.  I hate playing with randoms.  May also want to try out Diablo III.

My mind went straight in the gutter when I read the topic.....

Anywho, I played Guild Wars, the original, and it was loads of fun.  Need a good trusted team to play those kind of games.  I hate playing with randoms.  May also want to try out Diablo III.

Aren't those MMOs though?

Aren't those MMOs though?

Yea, but they are fun and long.  You can always play by yourself as well or with randoms/pugs.  Makes it so you can play with your friends/family if they are available, or with yourself.  Basically when I played Guild Wars, I would play/advance by myself at times and then when friends were online, I would help them catch up.  Really fun games, different classes to choose from, different abilities. 

This one would easily fit: Lovers in a dangerous spacetime http://store.steampowered.com/app/252110/ But sadly it's local co-op only, at least at the moment. You could play something like Terraria or Starbound http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820/ they do have ways to connect online and also provide good co-op experience. There's also Trine series, I don't remember though if it does support online play, but apparently they do.

Co-op games are rare, and good co-op games that have game mechanics revolve around the idea - a rare gems. I've invested some time looking for those in past. I might remember some more later.

I would highly recommend a game called "Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime"

It's on Steam and will work on most standard spec PC's - its a truly co-operative game that is really fun to play together!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions!

boy that thread topic is a loaded one, isnt it? :|:p

OP - mind if i change it?

Sure, go ahead.

Changed the title to better reflect the OP's question.

It would be better if you used "What games can I play with my girlfriend?"

instead of "What  new game ..."

I thought I let you know. Up to you.

Eh, I suppose it makes some sense as I do mention that we both have Resident Evil: Revelations and later on QuizUp for phones, so we're kinda looking for a new game for us.