Elderly Lady got scammed out of her life savings ($100,000)

Not my grandma, unless she got scammed from the grave.

My grandma has wired her life savings to a scam artist saying that she has won the lottery and that they need money to pay the taxes. These people call her 30-40 times a day at all hours of the day and night. Supposedly they will deliver the check Thursday. She is still in denial but my uncle is planning on driving her to the police station immediately after the scammer fails to show up. Is there any steps that I, my family, or she should be taking?

My uncle believes that the scammer works at a bank in Florida. He got the scammers number by doing a reverse phone search. His research indicates that this women impersonated a Deloitte employee. He also believes she worked for the bank, got fired, started a hairdressing business, went out of business, and now works at the bank again.

We have known for a while that she is vulnerable to scams such as this as she has admitted to sending a couple hundred dollars occasionally. We have previously contacted the police and visited her bank to inform them. We have also warned her repeatedly about scams. Apparently, none of this worked.

We have reached out to the IRS for their assistance. For everyone saying go to the police, the police have said that they basically can't/won't do anything until my grandma actually files the complaint so we have wait for her to admit that she has been scammed.

Edit: To be clear, we have previously gone to her bank to alert them of the situation. She switched banks to avoid suspicion at her bank. We have also previously called the police who came to her house and told her that she is being scammed. We have also attempted to block her phone. None of this prevented this latest scam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3t8nov/my_grandma_just_got_scammed_out_of_her_life/