Help with The Elder Scrolls Online frame rate drop

I've tried eso forums with no help thought id try here.

Firstly I played eso about six months ago with zero issues and took a break.

Upon returning any time I get best just about any npc or enter combat in most cases my fps drops from 60 to 10 and lasts about 10 to 20 seconds.

So I tried a repair on the game with no success, I have no addons at all. Tried the lowest graphics option.Then I noticed my graphics card drivers were out of date and updated that with no success either. 

I have an amd six core processor 3.1 ghz forgot name sorry. Evga GeForce gtx 760 and 16 gb ddr3.

Any ideas at all what my issue might be?

Have you tried re-installing the game yet? Also, did the game update between when you stopped and started?

that was going be my final step I'm trying to avoid.

There was about a 12 gb update when I returned

that was going be my final step I'm trying to avoid.

There was about a 12 gb update when I returned

Something in there must've done it. The next thought is to uninstall video card drivers completely, and reinstall them.

it's only this game no others

Like I said, uninstall it, and re-install it.

Edit:

Do you have the lame NVidia Game Experience app installed? I've had numerous issues with it over riding my game settings when booting them up.

Like I said, uninstall it, and re-install it.
Edit:

Do you have the lame NVidia Game Experience app installed? I've had numerous issues with it over riding my game settings when booting them up.

did a full new install sadly with no success, also IDisabled the nvidia game experience, and even tried game booster.

Couple others in the game are having issues with a gtx 980 I've read. I have no clue what else to try

If you have any mods, disable and unsubscribe from them. If it is like Skyrim on Steam they will find ways back onto your system. I have had the same issue of frame rate drop that you described and sure enough it was a mod.  

If you have any mods, disable and unsubscribe from them. If it is like Skyrim on Steam they will find ways back onto your system. I have had the same issue of frame rate drop that you described and sure enough it was a mod.  

I hate it when that happens. I actually have issues with Skyrim, but it's nothing huge.

@ Nick Chapple - You have all the latest DirectX installed too, right? I noticed that one of my games was lagging badly, turns out it was trying to Force DX12 to run DX9 without the proper information. Least that's how I think it was happening. :p

I'll keep thinking.. I was also going to suggest doing a process of elimination, it could also be something running when you play. I can't have uTorrent/Facebook open when I play Steel Ocean. It kills my FPS majorly, I'll go for 200+ to 10 in a matter of seconds after joining a match.

I hate it when that happens. I actually have issues with Skyrim, but it's nothing huge.
@ Nick Chapple - You have all the latest DirectX installed too, right? I noticed that one of my games was lagging badly, turns out it was trying to Force DX12 to run DX9 without the proper information. Least that's how I think it was happening. :p

I'll keep thinking.. I was also going to suggest doing a process of elimination, it could also be something running when you play. I can't have uTorrent/Facebook open when I play Steel Ocean. It kills my FPS majorly, I'll go for 200+ to 10 in a matter of seconds after joining a match.

I have nothing at all running in the background, even tried game booster to kill any extra unneeded applications running in the background.

When I get home might completely remove directx and my graphics driver, install both from scratch. Just so weird that it's only this game, gw2 and cod running just perfect

Yeah - I'd start looking there - those PSUs are by no means quality 
If you can figure it out software-wise - you need to replace this thing.
High failure rate when compared to the quality ones - dont ever go cheap on PSU ;)

Yeah - I'd start looking there - those PSUs are by no means quality 
If you can figure it out software-wise - you need to replace this thing.
High failure rate when compared to the quality ones - dont ever go cheap on PSU ;)

really from the psu? I used to play the game just fine on this one and it's no other game at all giving me issues.

Well, I realize that other games might not cause any problem, but is this game the most demanding ?  Is it asking something of your card that it cant deliver ?   I used to have a 760GTX as of last week, I know it doesnt need much in terms of power, but if things are getting warm, and its getting stressed, those low quality PSU are very suseptible to crapping out - and many times they will take a mobo or CPU with it.

You're right, it may not have anything to do with the PSU right now, but that is one part you never want to go cheap on.  Not to say you have to get the $450 1500W Corsair Titanium-rated monster, but a quality PSU is a nice peace of mind item.

Most newbs (not saying you are one) will skimp on spending coin on a PSU because it doesnt make things faster.
One reason that crap PSU are dangerous is the el cheapos, when getting their rating, will test in a cold lab - then if the thing spikes for a second @ 500W , they'll slap a 500W sticker on it, when in actuality it is probably a 350W-400W.  The quality manufacturers will many times underrate their PSU.  For instance, my Seasonic 1KW Platinum is actually 1100W, but to play it safe, they lower the rating.

Again, it probably isnt the issue - but when those things are pushed, they will deliver inferior current to the parts, and weird crap will happen, lock ups, sprites, anomolies, bottlenecks, etc..

10 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Similar to the content of your post :)

"Help with The Elder Scrolls Online frame rate drop" is the new title, obviously.