Call of Duty Black Ops III wont start - so glad I spent $50 on an icon.

I purchased CoD BO3 through Steam since it was on sale.  After downloading the 47GB install - I tried to play it.

A window shows for 1/2 second, then nothing - repeated attempts do the same thing over and over - a quick glimpse of the launch window - then nothing.

I went to Properties of game (in steam) and verified cache files - 

Then after looking on various sites for this problem, one person suggested redownloading, then verifying cache files again.

Of course, it did nothing.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this issue ?

This is so frustrating, when CoD AW came out, it was nothing but crashes, same way with Need for Speed Rivals - 

Any help would be appreciated.

(my specs are good)

Some steam games require Direct Play and stuff. 
Control Panel\Programs
Turn Windows features on or off.
Enable legacy Componants. :)

Usually, when it comes to steam anyway, that fixes the problem.

I seen it happen to just cause 2, but I think that more of a DRM problem because I never seen this behaviour on any other games. (I run my games from a external harddrive and there no need to reinstall after a format.).

I fixed my issue.  Once I installed the updated Media Pack for -N versions of Windows - it started up like a champ and I havent experienced 1 single bug, glitch, or crash !

In fact, I wanted to come back to this thread to comment on how freaking awesome the game is !  The graphics are ridiculous @ 2560x1440 w/ everything cranked up - ridiculous.

Smoke and dust particles in the air reacting to one another - insane !

So yeah - I really really like this game

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

I fixed my issue.  Once I installed the updated Media Pack for -N versions of Windows - it started up like a champ and I havent experienced 1 single bug, glitch, or crash !

In fact, I wanted to come back to this thread to comment on how freaking awesome the game is !  The graphics are ridiculous @ 2560x1440 w/ everything cranked up - ridiculous.

Smoke and dust particles in the air reacting to one another - insane !

So yeah - I really really like this game

I was contemplating it. I've played COD since #2 and quit after Advance Warfare 3. I loved BO:II. I've been BF4ing it for a long while. So.... I may just get this game!