Got my PS4 today

Hi guys,

I got my PS4 Uncharted pack today. I went through hell to get my old PSN account access. It's got all my old PS3 games like the pixel-junk games etc. However, that was a Canadian PSN account, and now I'm in Seattle and need to use a US one.  Is there a way for all those old games that to work on my PS4? 

Thanks,
Piggy

Hi guys,

I got my PS4 Uncharted pack today. I went through hell to get my old PSN account access. It's got all my old PS3 games like the pixel-junk games etc. However, that was a Canadian PSN account, and now I'm in Seattle and need to use a US one.  Is there a way for all those old games that to work on my PS4? 

Thanks,
Piggy

Not currently.

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Piggy

Do you mean playing your PS3 games on the PS4? If so, there is no BC with PS3. Some of your games might have ended up cross-buy though, so if there is a PS4 port of the title, you can download it for free.

As for the account, it's pretty simple, sign into it on your PS4 and make it a primary account. Anything you download through it can be played on your main account. For example I have two PSN accounts, my main, and an American one. Occasionally I'll buy stuff off the American store on my American account, but once downloaded, play it on my main account.

• Like 2

Well that's a shame. I kind of assumed my old PSN games would magically work on my PS4. Like my pixel junk games etc. Oh well I'll dry my tears in the Uncharted Collection!

13 hours ago, Piggy said:

Well that's a shame. I kind of assumed my old PSN games would magically work on my PS4. Like my pixel junk games etc. Oh well I'll dry my tears in the Uncharted Collection!

Some PSN games have been updated or were originally cross-platform e.g. OliOlli  but PS3 games are out of the question unless they are ported / "HD remaster".

Still waiting to see if they decide to ever do PSOne or PS2 PSN games (though they recently announced they were working on PS2).

5 hours ago, Aergan said:

Some PSN games have been updated or were originally cross-platform e.g. OliOlli  but PS3 games are out of the question unless they are ported / "HD remaster".

Still waiting to see if they decide to ever do PSOne or PS2 PSN games (though they recently announced they were working on PS2).

I believe there is a list here - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cross-platform/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS3TOPS4

On 11/28/2015, 4:15:03, Piggy said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Piggy

I'm so sorry bro! You must have it rough. Buying a PS4, and living in Seattle... Oh man.. Whose karma dog did you kick? :p I'm in Wenatchee btw :)

40 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

I didn't know there was a difference between a US account and a Canadian one.  I thought it was split more among NA, JAP, PAL.

Theres a $10 difference in games between Canada and US on PSN. Our games are at minimum $69.99 up to $74 and $79 for some... 

######, shoulda signed up for a US PSN account to begin with

13 hours ago, wakjak said:

Theres a $10 difference in games between Canada and US on PSN. Our games are at minimum $69.99 up to $74 and $79 for some... 

22 hours ago, BinaryData said:

I'm so sorry bro! You must have it rough. Buying a PS4, and living in Seattle... Oh man.. Whose karma dog did you kick? :p I'm in Wenatchee btw :)

It's a rough life. If you know the traffic we have in Seattle, then you can sympathize! My wife actually bought me the PS4. It's not really about the cost of the games, I just had games like Deathspank that I never finished since my PS3 Obese died. The Pixel Junk games and Joe Danger amongst a few other small games. Those games were purchased when I still lived in Canada, and had my Canadian account, it took me looking up a credit card from 2008 to get my account back, and then I find out nothing works. :D

On 11/29/2015, 2:34:52, Audioboxer said:

Do you mean playing your PS3 games on the PS4? If so, there is no BC with PS3. Some of your games might have ended up cross-buy though, so if there is a PS4 port of the title, you can download it for free.

As for the account, it's pretty simple, sign into it on your PS4 and make it a primary account. Anything you download through it can be played on your main account. For example I have two PSN accounts, my main, and an American one. Occasionally I'll buy stuff off the American store on my American account, but once downloaded, play it on my main account.

Thank you Dr. PS3/PS4! I always rely on your information here :D

• Like 1