Forums Got worse

Hate to say it, but this past weekends upgrade made a lot of stuff even worse... especially posting quoted comments... in a few cases there is no way to type outside the quote block and you have to type as part of the quoted text... at least in the last version there was an insert marker, which I'm not seeing anymore

Seeing this in Chrome 46, IE 11 and Edge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neufuse said:

Hate to say it, but this past weekends upgrade made a lot of stuff even worse... especially posting quoted comments... in a few cases there is no way to type outside the quote block and you have to type as part of the quoted text... at least in the last version there was an insert marker, which I'm not seeing anymore

It's working so much better for me. I don't have to deal with that stupid red arrow. I hit the quote button on your post and it just quoted you and put the carrot after the quote box...

*shrug*

20 minutes ago, neufuse said:

Have you already tried clearing your cache and restarting your browser?  For me, doing this fixed the issue you described above.

10 hours ago, greenwizard88 said:

It's working so much better for me. I don't have to deal with that stupid red arrow. I hit the quote button on your post and it just quoted you and put the carrot after the quote box...

*shrug*

Same here, I used to have many issues attempting to quote one person, adding in another was almost impossible, but now I do not have those issues.

4 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Same here, I used to have many issues attempting to quote one person, adding in another was almost impossible, but now I do not have those issues.

I still have them unfortunately and on top of that my replies duplicate when quoting. 

• Like 1

If you mean the quotes on the main page, those have not been touched since the 4.1 upgrade. Quote aligning has been fixed today by @Timan and the core comments code for the main page news articles should be updated sometime this week by @Simon.

Escaping a quote still works like it did on 4.0 (because comments aren't updated yet) by having the red bar in focus and escaping the quote that way (unless that broke too after the forum upgrade).

In short, be patient, we are working to fix it all!

On 01/12/2015, 13:23:26, Steven P. said:

If you mean the quotes on the main page, those have not been touched since the 4.1 upgrade. Quote aligning has been fixed today by @Timan and the core comments code for the main page news articles should be updated sometime this week by @Simon.

Escaping a quote still works like it did on 4.0 (because comments aren't updated yet) by having the red bar in focus and escaping the quote that way (unless that broke too after the forum upgrade).

In short, be patient, we are working to fix it all!

There is no red bar anymore...

11 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

There is no red bar anymore...

I still had it the other day but now clicking below your quote seems to work like it did on 3.x. There's a Ctrl-Right click context menu now, too.

On 30/11/2015, 15:27:04, neufuse said:

in a few cases there is no way to type outside the quote block and you have to type as part of the quoted text...

When your at the end of quoted text you can double tap enter to escape.

Something weid happened repying here, my text was backwards i deleted it and retyped and it was the right way around?!?

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

I still had it the other day but now clicking below your quote seems to work like it did on 3.x. There's a Ctrl-Right click context menu now, too.

Not for me there isn't.

Also, if you quote, it works mostly OK.. but if you start to quote, then cancel (back out to prev page), go back to the thread again, and just click reply instead, the quote reappears...  It's not resetting correctly.