When you hear the words "Coming out of the closet" What is the first thing you think?

When you hear the words "Coming out of the closet" What is the first thing you think?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When you hear the words "Coming out of the closet" What is the first thing you think?

• Someone just came out of a bedroom closet.
    • Sexually attracted to people of one's own sex.
    • Bisexual
    • Pansexual
    • Transgender
    • Sexually attracted to people of one's own sex or Bisexual, Pansexual or Transgender.
    • A non sexual subject
    • Transgender
    • Some other sexual preference
    • Anything else.
    • Nothing about them came to mind, other than I need more info.

The question was asked that when the average person heres the words "Coming out of the closet"  what is the first thing someone thinks. So what better place to find out than in a poll.

I'd say each case is unique and depends on the variable followed after "the closet" in their particular case.

For example, the closet chocolate eater.

:D

So my answer would be "nothing" or "need more info".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mirumir said:

I'd say each case is unique and depends on the variable followed after "the closet" in their particular case.

For example, the closet chocolate eater.

:D

That's very true. But if you didn't know that they were a closet chocolate eater, but that they just "came out of the closet" what would be the first thing you would think.

Just now, warwagon said:

That's very true. But if you didn't know that they were a closet chocolate eater, but that they just "came out of the closet" what would be the first thing you would think.

Sorry, just edited my post.

5 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Well what anyone thinks vs what it means?

The meaning is, someone who has been hiding their true sexuality/orientation and is now no longer hiding their sexuality/orientation.

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

You're trying to influence his answer, is that the right way to conduct a poll?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_out

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Capture.PNG

Are you on some campaign now?  Wow!

7 minutes ago, Raze said:

You're trying to influence his answer, is that the right way to conduct a poll?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_out

Are you on some campaign now?  Wow!

Not influencing his answer at all. I asked what the first think he would think of? ... Maybe he would think they are a closet chocolate eater.

... while yes it does mean "All those things" ... I said  most people don't think transgender, pangender, bisexual, I said they would think "Gay" ... you said I doubt that.. so I made a poll.

2 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

imho, it can be anything a person deems himself to be ashamed of something.

For example, some grown-up guys wouldn't want their girlfriends to know about their gaming addictions and would be the closet gamers.

Correct, or closet closet organizer! :D

Depends on location, different phrases have different meanings in different places.

Eastern U.S. - It is a phrase indicating someone's admission of homosexuality. (Not there is anything wrong with that.)  

5 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

imho, it can be anything a person deems himself to be ashamed of something.

For example, some grown-up guys wouldn't want their girlfriends to know about their gaming addictions and would be the closet gamers.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.  Sorry I may not have understood your response to me.

12 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Not influencing his answer at all. I asked what the first think he would think of? ... Maybe he would think they are a closet chocolate eater.

... while yes it does mean "All those things" ... I said  most people don't think transgender, pangender, bisexual, I said they would think "Gay" ... you said I doubt that.. so I made a poll.

And a Neowin poll is not most people, in fact it represents a very, very small and narrow segment of society.  More specifically it would only show what some Neowin members may believe, nothing more.

• 1 month later...

I don't really care, a person is allowed to live their life in a way they see fit so long as it's within the guidelines of good taste, society and law

(It is not illegal to be gay, it is illegal to be a mass murderer)

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 2:04 AM, warwagon said:

The question was asked that when the average person heres the words "Coming out of the closet"  what is the first thing someone thinks. So what better place to find out than in a poll.

Narnia :)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

(It is not illegal to be gay, it is illegal to be a mass murderer)

now its GOP turn to have their candidate being gay:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/marco-rubio-book_n_1607687.html

Marco Rubio Book Reveals Fondness For Foam Parties

rubiochip1.jpg

Spoiler

RUBIOFOAM1.jpg

Notable comments:

After graduating from the University of Florida, Rubio attended the University of Miami Law School. In 1995, Rubio claims he met his wife, Miami Dolphins cheerleader Jeanette Dousdebes at a "foam party" in South Beach.

There is one thing wrong with Rubio's story: foam parties in South Beach were almost exclusively gay events held at gay clubs like "Warsaw Ballroom" and "Amnesia," the latter name befitting some of Rubio's memories of his time in Miami.

Edited by Torolol
  • Like 1