What was the last movie you watched? (2016 Edition)

If you have recently watched a movie post it here with a little tidbit of what you thought and a rating whether it be out of /5 or /10

Please use spoiler tags for "recently" released movies (5 years since the release date is a good cut-off)  or just avoid spoilers all together!

Usual Neowin Rules Apply.

I'll start...

Creed

creed_poster_by_sahinduezguen-d99fk7g.th

(poster is fan art I believe)

Solid 7/10 from me, some really good plot lines good acting, and it did make me feel nostalgic for the first 2 Rocky movies

I started this movie with the wife, thinking, this is going to be a long night. To my surprise, this was an excellent movie.:yes:

8/10

FIaBGhWayPZLef_3_a.jpg

• Barney T. pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Star Wars, The Force Awakens, (Technically I watched this a while ago, but I haven't posted here for a while)

8/10

Great movie,

56b99a84179ae_MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5Ban

Spectre

7/10

Was surprisingly more enjoyable than Craig's Previous attempts to Destroy the legendary name

56b99a872ab80_MV5BMjM2Nzg4MzkwOF5BMl5Ban

(Posting from my phone, so poster image supplied)

Deadpool

8/10

This was an epic comedy in my humble opinion.

Not for everyone's taste, but if you like crude humour, you'll enjoy the 'one liners' the 4th wall crossovers were a nice easter egg surprise too 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Big Short

7/10 - but this is only because I'm a financial guru.

Christian Bale was horrible, saved by the mediocre Brad Pitt and the other cast.

Blade Runner

8/10 I guess.  But ratings are really useless considering everyone's tastes/interpretation are different.

images.jpg

Edited by techbeck

Kung Fu Panda 3

HO00002979.jpg

7/10

Being a fan of animated films and loving the first two Kung Fu Panda films (the second being my favourite)...I was a little let down when I saw this over the weekend. I was expecting it to be on par with its predecessors...but unfortunately it re-used a lot of the old gags too often and was a bit linear with the story. The story 2D animations looked brilliant and the 3D effects were very good (not the in-your-face stuff, but the depth perception and the fact you could imagine what things felt like). It picked up towards the end with more, but not enough to rank it higher than its predecessors. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching it...but it'll be a while until I watch it again.

The Hunger Games, MockingJay, Part 2

61Tcnc5IcpL__SY300_.thumb.jpg.7a50213424

1/10

Our beloved and benevolent leader, President Snow, is continually hounded and harassed by a known terrorist, Katniss Everdeen, who goes by her underground terror name The Mockingjay.

In a desperate attempt to quell her organisation, he resorts to ingenious self defence measures, he tries to reach out to her and her masters to no avail, he tries to set up traps to slow or stop their advance, and then he is framed for an unspeakable act before he is arrested.

Basically, the movie sucked :p 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 9:30 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

The Hunger Games, MockingJay, Part 2

61Tcnc5IcpL__SY300_.jpg

1/10

Our beloved and benevolent leader, President Snow, is continually hounded and harassed by a known terrorist, Katniss Everdeen, who goes by her underground terror name The Mockingjay.

In a desperate attempt to quell her organisation, he resorts to ingenious self defence measures, he tries to reach out to her and her masters to no avail, he tries to set up traps to slow or stop their advance, and then he is framed for an unspeakable act before he is arrested.

Basically, the movie sucked :p 

It was good until the end. While I felt the book ended too abruptly - I wasn't even sure what happened in the climactic scene without rereading a few times - the way the script expanded it was totally wrong and out of character for Katniss. It was such a poorly-done moment that it jolted me right out of the movie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flight Crew 2016. Went to see the adorable Katerina Shpitsa. Liked the special effects.

Stay tuned. The movie will definitely be translated to English.

2016_ekipazh.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mirumir said:

Flight Crew 2016. Went to see the adorable Katerina Shpitsa. Liked the special effects.

Stay tuned. The movie will definitely be translated to English.

2016_ekipazh.jpg

Going by that poster it looks like another bad russian movie lol

From the title Ekipaj to the burning plane and the 3 people standing in front of it with an i'm cool attitude it looks terrible lol