Anyone else excited for this?

Fallout 4 was a blast, but it got repetitive pretty quick. I'm expecting this to keep me occupied for quite a while. *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to it.  Used my Steam gift cards from Christmas to pre-order it though I typically don't buy Steam games or pre-order things. (Hey, what's a guy to do, it's not like I can get cash back for the Steam gift cards)

One of the games I'm looking forward to, even though, I'm not a fan of the vertical 2D bas building on a ship design they've gone for. I wish they'd take a clue form the old games with the top down bases that could be invaded, preferably 3D bas building where you can build flat but also dig down would be cool. maybe for the 3rd...

I like a lot of the new gameplay element and the more story driven yet dynamic and randomness to the game. even if the game story itself is now basically a turn based Syndicate(Satellite rain)  with aliens. But I like Syndicate as well so :)

I never played XCOM: Enemy Uknown and wasn't really interested in it when it was new. But I saw some gameplay of XCOM2 last week, and it looked great. So I bought EU last weekend, and tried to play. My laptop couldn't run it smoothly, even at low settings. :/ Bummer. I'd like to play XCOM2, but I doubt I'd be able to run it. It's going on the wishlist for when it's heavily discounted, unfortunately.

Yes looking forward to it, the new features, polish and mechanics look solid.  First post is kind of lacking so some deets:

Sorry console fans, it looks like you're not going to be fighting against the Advent forces. XCOM 2 was announced today exclusively for PC.

Picking up 20 years after the conclusion of Enemy Within.

We lost. The aliens have created an oppressive society under the guise of a better life for all humans (the source of the recent Advent Future teaser site). XCOM is now on the offensive, working from the shadows.  This time, you're the invader!

Release date:  Worldwide 5th February 2016

Official Sitehttps://xcom.com/

Preview looks:

12 hours ago, Osiris said:

Yes looking forward to it, the new features, polish and mechanics look solid.  First post is kind of lacking so some deets:

Release date:  Worldwide 5th February 2016

Official Sitehttps://xcom.com/

Preview looks:

that actually looks like it's gonna be good :woot:

I was going to wait for a sale and pick it up. but am very tempted to get it on release. local town doesn't have any retailers that stock PC titles though, unless Argos somehow get it in( which they seem pretty hit and miss) so I might wait till release day and decide. retail or steam?

• 3 weeks later...

My friend got it yesterday, and just now when I saw the thread I thought, "yeah, I'm going to pick up a copy!" Then I remembered there isn't a release date for a PS4 version. :(

Pity, but maybe something like Enemy Unknown will happen. They'll re-release it with extra content like they did with Enemy Within, and when they do they'll have also made it available on console.

14 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

My friend got it yesterday, and just now when I saw the thread I thought, "yeah, I'm going to pick up a copy!" Then I remembered there isn't a release date for a PS4 version. :(

Pity, but maybe something like Enemy Unknown will happen. They'll re-release it with extra content like they did with Enemy Within, and when they do they'll have also made it available on console.

think 2k said they made the choice to go PC exclusive on Xcom 2 because developing them at the same time for  the consoles would have been impossible for them.  and I guess it would have limited what they wanted to do as well so some extent.

As for the chances of XCOM 2 making its way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at some point in the future, Solomon wouldn’t rule it out, but it won’t happen any time soon. “We're certainly not opposed to that, but I can assure that's something we're not even discussing yet,” he said. He added that the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be technically capable of running XCOM 2, but developing all of these features for multiple platforms simultaneously would be impossible for Firaxis to do.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/why-xcom-2-had-to-be-pc-exclusive

after all the PC is the worlds #1 digital sales platform, for games. considering I'd have to take a 30+ mile round trip to but a retail copy of a PC title am not surprised. (the roads to the are crap, which doesn't help :/ and am not driving to dundalk it's a kip :D and the exchange rate is rubbish}

On 1/16/2016 at 3:13 AM, Osiris said:

Preview looks:

Thank you, my excitement is over.  I don't want to play it :D

Twenty years have passed since humanity lost the war against the alien invaders

No! We won! I was The Commander!

xenonauts on steam is a real good version of the classic Xcom titles from back in the day. and I see they have just announced they are making a second one. apparently based during the cold war, so no worldwide alliance of countries against the aliens. could be interesting.

I wonder how they will play it, fight as either the soviets or Nato maybe? the other side  could possibly ally with the aliens. if they threw in a some diplomacy of trying to influence other non aligned nations, maybe step in to regional conflicts of the time with advanced weapons and tech to try and swing them to your side. would also be good if you could play as the bad guys after you beat the game, and try to concur the earth with maybe alien allies, just to put a different twist to the play   :woot:

12 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Thank you, my excitement is over.  I don't want to play it :D

No! We won! I was The Commander!

lies,:glare: this ones an alien infiltrator/shape shifter,  I was the real commander :crazy:

Yea, it is. I have it as my background.

As for the game itself, I'm probably going to Twitch it. It's just damn fun. Right now I'm busy creating themed squads in the character pool.

So the Character Pool doesn't work they way I hoped. :(

You can create characters, but if you get them as Rookies their Class is random and not what you set it as. That sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

XCOM 2 Coming To Consoles In September

The excellent turn-based strategy game XCOM 2 will be PC exclusive no more later this year. Publisher 2K announced this morning that the game will be coming to Xbox One and PS4 on September 6. Veteran studio The Workshop is handling the port of the Firaxis game.

http://kotaku.com/xcom-2-coming-to-consoles-in-september-1781017148

• Like 1

This angers me, only because my friend gifted it to me last week and it runs terribly on my laptop on the lowest settings. If I'd have known they were changing their minds I'd have told him not to bother!

However, it's an ace game.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:35 AM, Nick H. said:

This angers me, only because my friend gifted it to me last week and it runs terribly on my laptop on the lowest settings. If I'd have known they were changing their minds I'd have told him not to bother!

However, it's an ace game.

Should have told him to gift it to me instead :p

• 3 months later...

I've just lost a half of my squad (high ranking officers) on a mission playing ironman. 

I don't know if I continue playing this game.

They've made some improvements over X-COM:Enemy Unknown, but some other things have gotten worse imho.

On 05/02/2016 at 10:32 AM, Nick H. said:

Out at the end of this month :)