Android software to windows PC?

Question

I'm looking for a simple program that will allow me to access my PC via my Android phone and tale control of it. I google 'control pc from android' and find a bunch of outdated material. Does anyone know of a decent program that would do what I want?

10 answers to this question

On 1/31/2016 at 7:50 PM, Anibal P said:

Can't you use Teamviewer? Seems to be the go to app for many 

If he's trying keep the cost down, Teamviewer could be a problem eventually. If they decide he's a professional user, they'll want payment. It's only free for consumer use.

While Splashtop isn't free for access across networks, it is fairly inexpensive - $60/year for up to 10 machines. I find it works quite well, especially for the price.

15 minutes ago, DConnell said:

While Splashtop isn't free for access across networks, it is fairly inexpensive - $60/year for up to 10 machines. I find it works quite well, especially for the price.

Bingo. I got Anywhere access for lifetime (promo that time I got it.)

Only 17/yr for that.  If want monthly, then it's $2/mth.

http://www.splashtop.com/personal

If for work, then go here: http://www.splashtop.com/business 

45 minutes ago, DConnell said:

If he's trying keep the cost down, Teamviewer could be a problem eventually. If they decide he's a professional user, they'll want payment. It's only free for consumer use.

been abusing teamviewer ever since whenever, never had an issue with it being "personal use"

+1 on teamviewer

Google Chrome Remote Desktop. Best and most simple setup I've seen. You do have to have Google Chrome installed on the host PC, but it doesn't have to be running. And it works across Windows accounts.

Sound only plays on the host, though. It won't play on your phone. One time I used it while on the phone with my wife. She always tells me when she gets home (something like, "hold on let me get the key") and then I hear her opening the door. Well, I had previously turned the speakers all the way up. Little did she know, I was using a Bluetooth earpiece, and was looking at our Windows desktop. She goes in, all the lights were out, and I pressed play. All of a sudden the computer starts thumping "Call Me Maybe." A song she especially hates. Good times. Including getting cussed out.

I've also used it, several states away, to send myself a file I need. I just drop it in the Google Drive folder (you can do the same with Dropbox and many others) and watched until it synced. Then disconnected, and downloaded the file from the cloud.

Completely free. Works great. But my home PC has less than 1MBit upstream, so I get some lag sometimes. Not the app's fault though.