What do you think is the perfect tablet/desktop interface?

There was a post the other day on the Apple reddit forum mentioning the decline in interface design and the iTunes Frankenstein situation. You can listen to the podcast here. Link. There was also this article from Walt Mossberg on The Verge regarding the same subject. Link. A little while ago I did a concept. I rearranged the a lot of UI from another concept (from Metroversal) to put together what I thought was the best tablet desktop interface. windows_10___tablet_desktop_interface_by

So I guess I'm kind of curious out of all of the apps (programs) on every platform you have seen, what do you think fits the tablet/desktop paradigm the most? By the way, if you like this concept you should check out DAKirby309, Metroversal, and Pulagatha (me) on DeviantArt.

• 1 month later...

Oh boy. Asking Neowin what the "perfect" interface is is like asking a Brit what the best tea is.

I think a perfect interface is one that lets me do what I want to at the time.

I want a UI that doesn't "wall off" applications by subsystem - instead, I can choose any application - regardless of whether it's traditional or a "subsystem" app - such as UWP, Android, etc.  Basically, the Windows 10 UI of today.

Yes; that makes me a decidedly odd duck compared to most Neowinians.  However, unlike most Neowinians, I am perfectly willing to let the application's own capabilities - not what subsystem it happens to use - decide whether I use it or not.  It's why my applications are a mixed bag of Win32, Win64, Modern/UWP, etc., - I have absolutely zero bias, one way or the other, in terms of subsystem.

• zhangm changed the title to What do you think is the perfect tablet/desktop interface?