Windows 10 Updating Build 14251 to 14257 getting Windows Update Error 0x80240031

Hi all,

Been trying for a while today to get Windows 10 Build 14257 to install via Windows Update.   However I have run into a small issue, with Error 0x80240031, so far to try and cure this issue I have.

. Disabled Antivirus/Firewall

. Clean Booted 

. Run SFCscan

.Cleared my IPV4 and DNS Cache

.Rebooted all my network hardware.

Posting here to ask if I have missed anything? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes guys I am back again :(

I initially seen the update and thought WOW windows 10 update actually working.

When I started the update process however an error appeared stating there was a problem with the account on the machine and it cannot update, since then (3 days ago) build 14257 is no longer detected.

The machine is still registered for fast ring updates.

On 2/17/2016 at 6:44 PM, Chrysalis said:

Yes guys I am back again :(

I initially seen the update and thought WOW windows 10 update actually working.

When I started the update process however an error appeared stating there was a problem with the account on the machine and it cannot update, since then (3 days ago) build 14257 is no longer detected.

The machine is still registered for fast ring updates.

Had the same thing happen to me with 14271 (and it had happened previously with 14257).  The only option was to download/decrypt the ESD (which also converts it into a standard ISO) and upgrade it via the two normal ways - mount and upgrade (mount the ISO via File Explorer and start Setup from the mounted ISO) or copy to USB and upgrade that way (when the target of the upgrade is NOT the decrypting/downloading machine.  Did that this morning, and am now running 14271 on my desktop.

On 2/7/2016 at 10:09 AM, Abalabakubulogu said:

Download the .ISO file, Extract it to Local Drive (Other than OS) and upgrade from there.

Or download, mount (via File Explorer) and upgrade, which I had to do for the last two builds (same error message as the OP).

Apparently we keep managing to forget that Windows *will* let you upgrade from a mounted ISO (and that you can now mount such ISOs directly - without a third-party tool).