Any American wanna help me out a little?

So, for days in and days out I've tried to find how can I get one movie to stream from anywhere. It's on iTunes, Play store and heck, even on MS Store.

But here's the catch. It's restricted to an US CC and mailing address.

So, I was basically thinking, I'd pay someone the cost and for trouble (if needed/wanted) and someone could actually buy it for me (I think that's not piracy, right?)

I won't even go into too detailed rant about this as this pisses me off so badly right now.

Hey, I offer no comment on the morality of this - but what you propose technically IS piracy.

I know I will get called out on this, the usual faces will pipe up about how it "should" be legit, how you're "not" breaking any rules and so on, but they're not gonna be correct.  You'd be accessing (potentially via a middle-man) content that you do not have the right to access due to your location.

Like I say, I have no interest in the morality of this, and heck if it were me - once exhausting legal routes, I'd just torrent it (much as I have done on a few albums I paid for only to have it cancelled, refunded all because of my location) - but I just wanted to note that it IS still technically piracy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nik L said:

Hey, I offer no comment on the morality of this - but what you propose technically IS piracy.

I know I will get called out on this, the usual faces will pipe up about how it "should" be legit, how you're "not" breaking any rules and so on, but they're not gonna be correct.  You'd be accessing (potentially via a middle-man) content that you do not have the right to access due to your location.

Like I say, I have no interest in the morality of this, and heck if it were me - once exhausting legal routes, I'd just torrent it (much as I have done on a few albums I paid for only to have it cancelled, refunded all because of my location) - but I just wanted to note that it IS still technically piracy.

Yeah, no worries, I can understand what you are saying.

But then again, they've had 3 years to release it to other markets since it came out 2013. I can't imagine how long do I have to wait then? 10 years? 20? If ever? I'd fully understand if it was a new movie or anything.

Guess I just got to give up on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwaysonacoffebreak said:

Yeah, no worries, I can understand what you are saying.

But then again, they've had 3 years to release it to other markets since it came out 2013. I can't imagine how long do I have to wait then? 10 years? 20? If ever?

I think you don't understand what I'm saying (in the best way possible).  I'm not judging, and I'm not condoning nor condemning anyone's actions - we agree here :)

But your comment about them having 3 years to release to other markets, or how long do you have to wait?  To be legal the answer is "as long as it takes".  Just because something takes forever to be released has no bearing upon the legal stance of piracy.  I actually agree with you, but it's still piracy.  "If ever?" - that's their call.

C'est la vie.  I know what I'd personally do ;)

6 minutes ago, Alwaysonacoffebreak said:

Guess I just got to give up on it.

Give up on staying legal I hope you mean, because I'd just get it anyway I wanted.  There's an argument that if they haven't released it in a territory, then they are unlikely to be monitoring that, and even less likely to follow it up ;)

12 minutes ago, Jared- said:

Moral police step in WHOOOAOAHHHHHHH, STEP BACK!!!

This is exactly the type of response I expected - and shows how little you actually read of what was said.  You've made yourself look somewhat foolish, as I haven't really offered any "moral police" input, rather clarified a point.  Well done, your time spent trolling really has made you look quite pathetic.

This is circumventing the downloading of this software's terms of use. Per our Community Rules:

No Illegal Software/Copyrighted Discussion.
Discussions involving warez, cracks, security circumvention, using torrents for downloading copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited. This includes music files or other unauthorized software. Asking for help in doing so will cause warns or suspensions of accounts.

This request puts Neowin in legal limbo by condoning this action.

Thread closed.

• Like 1

• Barney T. locked this topic