Survey on Smartphone usage, please help if you have 10 mins spare! Thank you

Hello,

Firstly I've been browsing through the forum and didn’t see anything wrong with posting this, if there is then remove it moderators!

I'm currently gathering data for my project. I’m using an online survey to explore smartphone

use. If anyone has any free time could you please fill it in? It's confidential and it’s exploring the psychology of smartphone use and links to individual differences and personality. I want as many participants as possible. So your participation would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the link to the survey;

https://derby.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0r1hKDCD2DOjL49

Sorry for the shameless plug and thank you for your time. Let me know what you think of the

survey.

See ya

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Psychology major as well (I assume that you are one). I am curious as to why you did not use a Likert scale on one the sections that asked about personality traits (openness, extraversion, etc) but you used it in the other sections (I think using it in the personality trait area would be good because Likert scales are a nice visual representation of ordinal continuity). I also hope that you are getting samples from other people who are perhaps not as much into technology because only relying on data from people on this site might have an effect on your sample's representativeness. I would also give a bit more detail about the study in the debriefing portion at the end of the survey. Beyond that it seems like a decent survey.

Thanks for the feedback WinMac, 

To be honest your quite right about the Likert Scale thing, I personally argued that case during the design of the study. However was talked down by my supervisor. He felt the approach would be better suited for the multiple regression process of the analysis. I'll probably mention your part in the discussion though as I feel the same way you do. 

I'm currently looking at multiple forum websites, however many of them are focused on technology & gaming. Again you are right, I should really look at different areas of the internet as well. The problem is getting your foot in the door with data gathering. I am getting quite a bit of brick walling from forums who don't allow (and rightly so) links to be posted. But have been a bit lucking with a few sites. 

I probably will add a bit more detail to the debrief, I felt it needed a little something more, just needed some confirmation.  

Thank you for your time though and looking through it all! If there's anything I can every help you with, please get it touch! :-)