best way to promote your youtube channel?

Myself and a friend of mine both have started youtube channels but we are having problems getting views for them. I usually post my videos on twitter and tumblr and a facebook page that i made specifically for the channel but my videos still get only a few views. I just started talking in them but I know I suck at that and am trying to get better at that since i'm kinda new at the whole talking to myself that most youtubers do. any advice would be appreciated. also if this is not the right place for this thread please feel free to move it i was unsure where to put this.

Depends what are in the videos...  if they are entertaining, then they can share the videos with others...  if they find the videos boring, then it won't be shared which is why you get a few views.

Are you talking about those videos that you mentioned in your sig that I just saw? If so, then looks like gaming videos... not many people are interested in those... 

This thread should be in gaming section...

What is your channel about? I will give it a watch if it interests me.

The important thing is to have interesting or engaging content. There are plenty of flashy, fancy channels which are just complete junk. Conversely, there are channels which are "barebones" but are interesting and worth watching.