Some Xbox fans are upset more people will play Quantum Break

There is a certain, likely small, vocal subset of Xbox One fans who are upset that Quantum Break is coming to the PC, and will be available day and date with the Xbox One release. As we reported earlier, you'll even get a free copy of the game for your Windows 10 PC if you preorder the Xbox One version ... which seems like a pretty cool thing to us?

Phil Spencer, Microsoft's head of Xbox, summed up this rather surprising turn of events in his incredulous reaction to one angry fan.

Capture.thumb.PNG.56d07747bd08692a437f2e

The anger seems to be directed at the idea that platform exclusives should stay exclusive, even at the expense of the PC community. There is also the idea that PC gamers are somehow paying less for the experience, since you don't have to pay for online play on that platform.

"The problem is we pay for Xbox live while those on PC will get our games looking better while paying less and not paying for Live," another angry fan told me via Twitter.

These arguments are, and I'm going to be nice here, complete bunk.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966970/xbox-one-anger-quantum-break

Fairly petty argument by The CrapGammer (suitable name though).  I have no interest in Quantum Break (I do not like 3rd person games) ... but it being available on the Xbox and Windows 10 is a win for gamers.  If you buy an Xbox just because you thought QB was going to be an exclusive ... well you're an idiot.

• Like 3

They just cant win.  People hate exclusives and they hate games not being exclusive.   The game has some pretty beefy recommended specs to play it and requires windows 10 and directx 12.  With cross ability its perfect for me so i can play it on my pc at home and when im out of town which is often i can continue on my xbox since my laptop is not strong enough.

I personally hate the whole exclusive thing, I get why it exists but I really don't care if PC get access to this or PS4 (I know that is unlikely). It's certainly incredibly petty to cancel a game pre-order because others get to share the experience. 

well am not getting it cause, of the preorder giving me a copy on windows but because you get alan wake on 360. with it, I mean alan wake. I don't like alan wake he once said my beard to long.

okay it's a different alan wake but am taking this stand on principle. :glare:

4 hours ago, Dot Matrix said:

U mad, bro? Cry more?

You want to hear crying ... should listen to their Youtube discussion regarding the subject.  So many tears...so many F bombs.

Over two hours of it ... I'm about 36 minutes in (listening to it in the background).

20 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

You want to hear crying ... should listen to their Youtube discussion regarding the subject.  So many tears...so many F bombs.

Over two hours of it ... I'm about 36 minutes in (listening to it in the background).

Xbox one fanboy's

9fqyk1_th.jpg234674_th.jpg

PC users

8crh15k.gif

Edited by Cnónna

I can see it. Microsoft has a habit of pissing off their most loyal fans. Did you want an exclusive video game? Here you go! Wait, no, nevermind, we're going to let the PC master race peeps have it, too. Maybe next time you should just get a better GPU instead.

Haters' gonna hate, but Microsoft aren't doing themselves any favors either.

9 minutes ago, greenwizard88 said:

I can see it. Microsoft has a habit of pissing off their most loyal fans. Did you want an exclusive video game? Here you go! Wait, no, nevermind, we're going to let the PC master race peeps have it, too. Maybe next time you should just get a better GPU instead.

Haters' gonna hate, but Microsoft aren't doing themselves any favors either.

microsoft chH61Li.gif them :woot::D

It's still OS exclusive since the Xbox one runs windows 10 now:glare:

26 minutes ago, greenwizard88 said:

Did you want an exclusive video game? Here you go! Wait, no, nevermind, we're going to let the PC master race peeps have it, too.

Try adding some logic.  Every former Remedy game has had a PC release, so them adding a PC release for this one too shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

On 2/12/2016 at 4:04 PM, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

There is a certain, likely small, vocal

Right there. That's the issue. Spencer shouldn't have responded at all. Replying to this kind of idiocy, especially when it is only held by a few, makes them feel as if their grievance is legitimate.

It's the same thing dealing with trolls: they can be annoying an provocative but if no one bothers to respond they get bored and go do something else.

• Like 1

Are they upset because PC players get to play it, or are they upset they spent money on an Xbox One to play an "exclusive" game when they didn't have to?

I was considering getting an Xbox One to play this, but I would have much rather played it on PC, and now I can.