which antishake technique is this?

I've seen this type of antishake for years, but could never figure out what the technique is actually called, or what software does it?

It seems to center the object in the frame, but move everything else around it, so the box and everything moves, but the object stays in the center

the tehcnique that most anti shake software uses just blows up the image, distorsts the edges/cuts them off,  stretches the frame, and it always looks weird, this includes the youtube antishake

I don't want to talk about the content of the video, or any anti trump stuff.

But at  the 55sec u can really see the technique being applied

the technique is also used in this video:

thanks much

Edited by blank

I think most anti-shake plugins that I've seen (say for example, in After Effects) allow you to stabilise motion without cropping the original image, so you're able to keep as much of the frame as possible. This looks to be normal stabilisation without a crop.

Agree with kalkal.

It looks like any normal stabilization I've seen... they just didn't crop it.

I've done this in Adobe Premiere Pro... and you have many options to control.  You can adjust how much cropping you want... or not crop at all.  That's what it looks like.

Thanks for the replies. I use corel videostudio pro (great program actually), i'll look and see if it has a way for me to disable cropping.

On 2/13/2016 at 7:48 AM, Torolol said:

never liked those vertical videos, i blame phone-camera for this annoying fad!

It's only because the phone is easier to hold vertically. I'm more surprised that the phone manufacturers haven't countered this issue with better software.

I know there are apps that auto crop and normalize the videos.  (such as Horizontal, great app by the way) you'd think this would be built in by now.

Probably isn't built in yet due to the resolution limitations, cropping and rotation reduces the res and quality, But the resolution in these cameras is growing at a rapid pace that within a few years