Post Counts Recounted

Hey all,

We know that with the IPB 4 upgrade last year, many members post counts dropped, some significantly so. I've now re-counted everyone's post count, to include old content, and comments on news posts.

Going forward, we have this process saved, so that any future upgrades we perform, we can quickly fix post counts again if needed.

Any posts that have been permanently deleted, and are no longer in our database, obviously aren't included, but I think everyone's postcount is now back in the ballpark of where they expected it to be.

Hmmmm looks like I need to post more lol, anyway does this re-count includes comments one has made in the software section?

53 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Interesting, I was unaware that there was an issue. I'm sure some will be pleased by this. :)

There wasn't an issue unless you are one of those people who measure things by the length of their e-peen.

You can also see your post count by hovering over your user picture in the top right corner of the site.

I liked having a lower count. Hey Nick, want my posts? I'll trade you a sandwich for 10000. :p

17 minutes ago, neufuse said:

I demand another recount, I feel like I have a hanging chad here or there

looks like mine went up about 3k posts :huh:

Are you missing a larger number? I wonder if this recount is being done manually. I'm guessing no. @DaveLeggdid mention these numbers are "ballpark' figures.

6 hours ago, Nick H. said:

*Looks at post count*

Huh. Still not enough for a free Neowin t-shirt though. :p

what's this of which you speak? 

21 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Are you missing a larger number? I wonder if this recount is being done manually. I'm guessing no. @DaveLeggdid mention these numbers are "ballpark' figures.

no, I didn't think I was really missing any!