Windows 10 and microsoft account sign in problems

Okay. I've been having this very annoying problem lately, and it deals with microsoft account. I can't really find another post that discusses this.

Anyway, here's the issue that I experience:

I can't sign into my Microsoft account on Windows 10 from ANYWHERE.  This includes...

• Trying to sign in from Cortana (Attempting to do will open a window which immediately closes, after like 1/10th of the second)
  • Trying to sign in when I do Winkey + I and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" (Nothing happens at all when I attempt to do this)
  • When attempting to windows update, I get this message "There's a problem with getting preview builds. Your preview build settings need attention...."
    • Which then says "Your microsoft account requires attention to get insider preview builds." with a "Fix Me" button,
    • when I click on that "Hey are you an insider?" And trying to sign in, a window opens and then quickly closes after a millisecond. Much like trying to sign in from Cortana
  • I can't make a new account. This also causes a window to open only to immediately close afterwards.
  • I can't make any purchase in windows store, due to issue mentioned above.
  • TL;DR Anything involving trying to sign in does nothing, and usually leads to the sign in window open which then quickly closes.
  • I did try the microsoft account trouble shooting thing. Didn't help at all.
  • I did try to attempt this in safe mode, same problem.

Trying to open Insider Hub does nothing.

Only thing I haven't done is doing the reset the PC, which I'd really rather avoid unless I absolutely have to, even then, who is to say if that would even fix the problem?

I am seriously out of ideas.

May or may not be related:

I can't open the start menu, it does not respond at all. (I'm not even sure if this is even related), however I can open Cortana.

I am on Build 14257

Have you tried logging into the MS site? 

As for you other issues, a reset is your fix, account issues and your menu issues are not related that I can tell 

Just now, Anibal P said:

Have you tried logging into the MS site? 

As for you other issues, a reset is your fix, account issues and your menu issues are not related that I can tell 

I'd nuke it, and start fresh. trying signing into Microsoft's site like Anibal P suggested. Also, make sure one of your keys isn't stuck down. :p

I can sign into stuff like fine, like microsoft site or windows live messenger. so obviously it's not login issue.

Hell I'm able to sign in fine with my Surface Pro 4. This laptop, I cannot.

Just now, Eric said:

You could try converting your account to a local one then switch it back again.

Already did that. I wasn't able to switch it back again.

Also, after looking into event viewer, everytime I attempt to sign in, I get this error:

Activation of app Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: Invalid value for registry See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Activation of the app Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with error: Invalid value for registry.

1 minute ago, Gio Takahashi said:

Already did that. I wasn't able to switch it back again.

Also, after looking into event viewer, everytime I attempt to sign in, I get this error:

Activation of app Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: Invalid value for registry See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Activation of the app Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with error: Invalid value for registry.

Bleh. Try making a new account and see if it works. If not you'll probably have to reset as others suggested... :/

You could always try the sfc /scannow standby, too.

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Bleh. Try making a new account and see if it works. If not you'll probably have to reset as others suggested... :/

You could always try the sfc /scannow standby, too.

As said in the original post, attempting to make a new account gets the same thing. A windows quickly shows up and then closes.

Best I can figure out, is that there's a problem with the registry, and i'm not even sure where to start looking.

I may as well do that, since I need to fix my start menu anyway > >

WEll, as suggested above, this happened:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>  DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.14257.1000

Image Version: 10.0.14257.1000

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Okay. I got the Iso of the latest windows build, mountd it, ran the DISM again, and STILL keep getting error out that it can't find the source, even though I did this command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\sources

Okay. so the previous thing was wrong, so tried this way:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

And I did put the install.wim in the C:\, and it's saying it STILL can't find the source files.

What. freaking. gives.

...Apparently I can't even open Edge. I'm about to just say screw it and do reset, but I'd really like to somehow figure out how to use DSIM, in case this issue comes up. I'd prefer being able to fix this instead of reset every time this happens.