Win 10 (half)fails to recognize my USB pendrive

i have a 64GB kingston usb pendrive, formated on fat32 but windows fails to recognize it when i pull it into an usb slot, i see in systray that a new usb device is found and it installs the drivers but i cant see it in explorer! tried with 2 different usb slots, always the same issue.

however: the device itself is definitely there, under printers and devices i see it added.

any ideas how to fix this mess? 

@Riva

disk management reads as this:

Disk 1 (removable), 58,61GB, Online.   ARCH_201602 - FAT32 Healthy (Primary Partition)

1 hour ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

@Riva

disk management reads as this:

Disk 1 (removable), 58,61GB, Online.   ARCH_201602 - FAT32 Healthy (Primary Partition)

any letter assigned to the drive in there? If not, Right click on it and change drive letter and paths...

7 minutes ago, Som said:

any letter assigned to the drive in there? If not, Right click on it and change drive letter and paths...

no letter assigned. when i click on it and chose 'change drive letter and paths' all i get is a error box poping up: 'the system cannot find the file specified' 

5 minutes ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

no letter assigned. when i click on it and chose 'change drive letter and paths' all i get is a error box poping up: 'the system cannot find the file specified' 

hmmmm, try using a third party partition software, format again and assign a drive letter using that, might be corrupt partition

Just now, Som said:

hmmmm, try using a third party partition software, format again and assign a drive letter using that

formating the usb pendrive would be my last option honestly and even if i would do it, i woudl do it on linux.

as a last try i will boot into windows 7 (pc) now and see if the drive gets recognized there. stay tuned.

2 minutes ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

formating the usb pendrive would be my last option honestly and even if i would do it, i woudl do it on linux.

as a last try i will boot into windows 7 (pc) now and see if the drive gets recognized there. stay tuned.

my bad , i presumed it was a blank usb, you can always use that software to assign the letter without format and see what happens (if it doesn't work in windows 7).  Also if you do have to format and want to get the data back, i find this to be could software for that ... http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/

just tried it on win 7 .... everything perfect there, i can read/write on and access it. 

out of ideas.... as the half day is already over when all i wanted to do is an update on win 10 with an offline pack, i will download that offline pack now again on my notebook directly, install it, and well maybe (one can hope right?) after then the problem is gone? 

if anyone knows where i can bug-report that problem to microsoft, feel free to let me know

i did some updates and now it killed my boot sector... won't boot anymore.... 

update: i fixed the grub entries windows messed up yesterday.  now i formated the usb drive on linux and checked if windows would recognize it.  negative, the problem remains.  also the error message i get when trying to change drive letter in disk manager remains, despite being on a fully up 2 date windows 10.

i have no idea anymore. 

deleted that fat32 partition on the usb device on linux, now windows at least recognizes the stick but fails to format it (does not matter what i chose as format, fat, extfat, ntfs, it always fails). 

now i did this in linux and it was the fix

sudo fdisk /dev/sdb
g
n
w

then win 10 will recognize the pendrive.  

but why does it feel the need to automatically create a folder on it?

the folder is called: System Volume Information and it contains a file IndexerVolumeGuid (hidden in windows, but visible when i mount it in linux)

anyone knows what that is about?