Is it advisable to install Windows 10 on a netbook?

Hi

I tried with a Samsung N110 netbook with 2GB ram in it and works but slow, not unusable slow but more frustrating, the main slow points seem to come down to Cortana, you can disable her, but the one that is a process thats constantly causing the system to hit 100% CPU is Defender, not tried a 3rd party AV as yet. I would stick to Win 7 or 8.1 with a Netbook.

Hello,

I have Windows 10 on some 7" and 8" tablets with 1GB of RAM and 16-32GB of disk space and those seem to work okay, so I would imagine the Acer Aspire One 532h would manage, although with a screen resolution of only 1024×600 the display might seem a little cramped.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hi Agorima

I have the exact same netbook and what I did is as follows :

1. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 : a disaster

The Aspire One became really extremely slow

2. Then I did a clean install of Windows 10 : I am very happy with the result.

I saved all my personal files to an external USB-disk (or a large USB stick) before to do the claen install of course.

But I had to re-install all my programs.

And it works great - but it takes some time.

3. Would I do it again : No

Windows 7 was OK, Windows 10 isn't any better after all.

from the few I tried, ones with the old duel core atom seems to do ok, but the single core versions seems to run slower with 10 in my experience than 7 (tried putting it on two of the older single core ones and ended up rolling them both back because it had issues)