Outlook.com preview?

I must have missed something, can someone point me to the article for this?

I just created a new outlook.com email and it's a preview, sort of functions like Office 365; there's even a section to link accounts.

outlook-preview.PNG

• zhangm changed the title to Outlook.com preview?
10 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

It is normal, everyone's outlook.com is like that now. Once completed, it will roll out to all users. This happened last year, http://winsupersite.com/outlookcom/microsoft-begins-preview-program-new-outlookcom-features

I found this information by searching google, "outlook.com says preview" and found the article quickly.

I still haven't got it, pretty infuriating. I wish Microsoft would look at the fact that I'm an insider on all my devices, and an office insider, and an insider pretty much for every service where I can sign up to be one, and extrapolate from that that I probably  want to be an insider for their webmail too...... 

27 minutes ago, siah1214 said:

I still haven't got it, pretty infuriating. I wish Microsoft would look at the fact that I'm an insider on all my devices, and an office insider, and an insider pretty much for every service where I can sign up to be one, and extrapolate from that that I probably  want to be an insider for their webmail too...... 

I am not an Office/Outlook Insider but I have preview on my end.   

I haven't signed up or anything like that...   I logged in and it shows up with 'preview' at the top.  Maybe they select some long time users...  and some lucky new users who signed up for outlook in the last 6 months (or a year.. something like that).

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

It is normal, everyone's outlook.com is like that now. Once completed, it will roll out to all users. This happened last year, http://winsupersite.com/outlookcom/microsoft-begins-preview-program-new-outlookcom-features

I found this information by searching google, "outlook.com says preview" and found the article quickly.

Mine doesn't show 'preview.' Guess it hasn't come for me yet. :(

2 hours ago, Circaflex said:

I have 2 other Hotmail.com accounts and they are not using the preview either.

4 hours ago, siah1214 said:

Infuriating?! LOL!!! 

Is it really that big of a deal? There'll be reason as to why selected accounts have it and others don't. 

6 hours ago, Circaflex said:

I'm surprised he was able to get it - was he chosen or is he part of one 'insider' programmer which gives access to everything?

On a good side though the move to Office 365/Exchange backend not only means a new UI but it also means that they're moving their desktop synchronisation from EAS/DeltaSync to the standard Exchange protocol which will also mean being able to access calendaring, contacts and mail from within OS X Mail and Outlook 2016 for Mac.

22 minutes ago, ajua said:

There is also a page to opt in for the preview but I signed up since they announced it and I still haven't got the new UI and features. It's my main account so I don't know what the requirements are. I do use a custom domain, so maybe that's the reason I don't have it yet.

I have an outlook.com email and still havent been switched - so you aren't alone, but its not my primary so its not an issue.

On 2/15/2016 at 1:07 AM, ajua said:

There is also a page to opt in for the preview but I signed up since they announced it and I still haven't got the new UI and features. It's my main account so I don't know what the requirements are. I do use a custom domain, so maybe that's the reason I don't have it yet.

Thank you for the link, I signed up on my primary account. Hopefully I'll get in soon.