Help logging back into my Xbox gamertag

I've just purchase an Xbox One and haven't used my gamertag Audioboxer since around 2011-2012 I think. I have emails from Xbox in my primary email leading me to believe I used that email address. It specifically says Audioboxer is my gamertag in those emails. 

When I sign into the live website just now though and go to gamertag it asks me to create one and gives me a default one with 0 gamerscore. Audioboxer still exists as it says it's already taken. Not sure what is going on, MS have obviously had many online account changes and link ups with different services since I last used Live. 

Can anyone with an Xbox check my gamertag still exists? My One won't be here till tomorrow. If it does still exist and it is tied to my primary Gmail why is logging into live with my gmail asking me to create a gamertag? 

Cheers

25 minutes ago, dj6ross said:

It shows up when I search for it.

Don't know if you can visit this link https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=audioboxer without signing it but it does exist still.

Yup that is it. No idea when I sign into live it's not tied to my email address. I haven't used any other emails. 

Maybe once I sign in on the Xbox things will be fine. 

Xbox support says I'll need to phone them so I will and let everyone know how I got on. Amazon have been faffing around with my delivery and I can only guess because it's easter weekend. Says delivery on Tuesday now. Going to message them as it originally said today. 

Can't complain too much I got a warehouse deal for £134.

Just now, Audioboxer said:

Xbox support says I'll need to phone them so I will and let everyone know how I got on. Amazon have been faffing around with my delivery and I can only guess because it's easter weekend. Says delivery on Tuesday now. Going to message them as it originally said today. 

Can't complain too much I got a warehouse deal for £134.

It might have been originally set to be picked up by courier but with the Bank Holiday, switched to Amazon deliveries or delayed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It might have been originally set to be picked up by courier but with the Bank Holiday, switched to Amazon deliveries or delayed.

Yeah think so. I emailed Amazon anyway just to ask. I'll phone MS this afternoon. Hope their UK support is UK based XD

Just now, Audioboxer said:

Yeah think so. I emailed Amazon anyway just to ask. I'll phone MS this afternoon. Hope their UK support is UK based XD

Last time I had to call, they were UK based and pretty good too!

Hope they sort it out ASAP for you :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Last time I had to call, they were UK based and pretty good too!

Hope they sort it out ASAP for you :)

Cheers. No offence to offshore but when you have to sort a complex query it can get messy with someone you can't understand and they can't understand you due to Scots dialect. Gimme my account back ya bams. 

• Like 3

Amazon extended my prime membership for a month just for asking lol. Wasn't even complaining. Something to do with needing to transport to my nearest fulfilment centre and requiring extra days. Probably something to do with easter weekend. 

Couldn't get ahold of MS. Phone says it's transferring me to right department and then line goes dead. Callback request on the website says CS are shut. Guess this is also due to easter. I'll phone them on Tuesday when Xbox arrives. 

• Like 1

WTF Amazon? 

I've checked your order, and have found that "Microsoft Xbox One 500GB Console - Black" has been delayed in the dispatch process.

It might be possible that the order stuck in dispatch process. There is no cause to be concern.

In order to fix this issue, I've now contacted appropriate department and request to dispatch this item soon.

Once it’s been dispatched, we’ll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of delivery.

How hard is it to deliver one item? It is a cause for concern seeing as I'm moving house in two days... 

Worst service I've ever had from them. 

Genuinely now delayed to the 6 of April. I'm not kidding. Have been given another month of prime but the explanations are just WTF? 

This change in delivery date of the order is due to unexpected fluctuations happened in supply and it added time to our original availability estimate.

While we do our best to stick to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply can result in us being unable to fulfil an order. While we don't like to see this happen, and our inventory team try to avoid it at all costs, due to the size of our catalogue it's occasionally unavoidable.

I'd like to apologise for this and to help make up for the inconvenience, I've extended your Amazon Prime membership by 30 days. You can review your renewal details in the Manage Prime Membership section of your Amazon.co.uk account

I personally don't wish to provide any false information that the order will be delivered at the earliest.

Please be assured that you'll receive the order before April 06, 2016 without fail.

Not going to bother with DS3 early now but thankfully I still want a One anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

I personally don't wish to provide any false information that the order will be delivered at the earliest.

Please be assured that you'll receive the order before April 06, 2016 without fail.

If he doesn't want to give an expectation, why is he setting a date :/

Any luck with the MS and GT recovery side of things?

XB1 should arrive today so I'll phone support shortly. If I get my account back to buy DS3 a few days early or wait :wacko:

Damn, after 50 minutes on support it's having to go to another department. Audioboxer is associated with my old hotmail as suspected. All phone support did was walk me through the security reset form, and provided the last 4 digits of an old debit card. System still rejected the reset request. Now I have to wait till Monday for response :(

In some more positive news really impressed with the Xbox One build quality. Sure it's a bit bulky, but it's damn silent. Not too keen on the overall interface though, I do prefer the PS4 XMB there. However MS does give some more options in settings, like how in-depth the PS3 settings were compared to PS4.

Gutted I'm going to have to wait a few more days for gamertag to actually play anything. Don't want to setup a new GT and lose Audioboxer.

• Like 1

Couldn't wait for DS3, just bought it. If I get access back to my old GT, I'll just change the name and reassign Audioboxer to my current live account. If not, I'll choose a new GT on this fresh account (I get one free change from MS default anyway).

After a thorough assessment, we regret to inform you that we are unable to verify the account ownership

I sent them a photo of my driving license and a bank card and this wasn't enough. Go ######## yourself MS.

6 minutes ago, FiB3R said:

Wow, ####holes.

Don't give up.

I'm going back to support again. 

After a thorough assessment, we regret to inform you that we are unable to verify the account ownership, therefore we can’t reset the password due to security of the account.

Please understand that Microsoft takes customer online security very seriously. At this time, all methods of regaining control of the account have been exhausted. We recommend that you create a new account so that you can take advantage of the Xbox Live service and all the benefits it offers.

If you can provide any new information that might help you prove ownership and regain access to your account, please contact Xbox support (http://www.xbox.com/support/contact)to open a new service request so that we can help you further.

Like photographic ID with address can be topped with other "new information"...

Twitter support DM'd me within minutes of complaining on Twitter, but sadly have just directed me to go back to chat support after telling them what's happened.

1 minute ago, Audioboxer said:

I'm going back to support again. 

Like photographic ID with address can be topped with other "new information"...

Wow, how incredibly stupid!
I started a business bank account with a £2k overdraft with photographic ID, you'd think it'd be a piece of ###### to sort out a gamertag with it.
Sometimes i feel they use the ID excuse to cover up other mistakes they can't fix.

When you've got it set up though mate, add me on MikeHellstone ;)

Just now, MikeChipshop said:

Wow, how incredibly stupid!
I started a business bank account with a £2k overdraft with photographic ID, you'd think it'd be a piece of ###### to sort out a gamertag with it.
Sometimes i feel they use the ID excuse to cover up other mistakes they can't fix.

When you've got it set up though mate, add me on MikeHellstone ;)

Will do. They wanted me to provide them with the console ID, even although I explained the console is long gone, and also my last IP used to sign in. They conveniently directed me to a whatsmyip website in 2016 to get a 2009 IP....

So I thought two crummy questions, I'll be pro-active and scan in my driving license and a bank card (with number blanked out) as that would be even more secure than the above two and it was turned down. Cmon CS, use some common sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

So did you ever get this resolved?

lol, read above. I'm back onto CS now trying to sort it out.

If worst comes to worst say you want to speak to a manager and threaten to return the Xbone and get a PS4. I had a friend of mine do that and he was able to get past a lot of the stupid vetting stuff related to Xbox.

20 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

If worst comes to worst say you want to speak to a manager and threaten to return the Xbone and get a PS4. I had a friend of mine do that and he was able to get past a lot of the stupid vetting stuff related to Xbox.

I already own a PS4 :p I'd have thought Twitter support would see my profile and think hey, lets really help a pro-PS guy. Chat support just told me to reply to the email, which told me to contact CS again if I wanted to discuss things. If I don't get a response from this email I'll go bonkers.

No offence to anyone around the globe but it really doesn't help everyone who is talking to me seems to be based abroad. I'm sure if I could get some UK support someone would use some common sense. Especially when I send in photographic evidence.

I had to do that with Blizzard once when my account got hacked and no issues at all. MS though want an IP address from 2009....

I wouldn't be surprised if the original hotmail email is compromised, given all the internet password leaks and issues since 2009. I didn't use lastpass then, and I often used the same weak passwords for everything. Just so happens I can't remember my old password that I used. Or it is compromised in which case I could be using the right password but it's been changed since.

• Like 1