Windows 10 not getting fast ring builds..

I'm signed in with my insider id on build, 14295. However, the new update doesn't show..

Here are my reg settings that I've read that can stop you from receiving them.. Any ideas?

win10notupdating.PNG

I just enabled the insider previews on my machine earlier today (about 4-5 hours ago), and immediately changed it to the fast ring. I haven't received the build either, and I've been checking for updates every 30 minutes or so.

Really irritating as I wanted to test out the new WSL system.

Might take 24 to 48 hours. It states this in windows update in the ring settings:

Choose your insider level. It will take some time to receive a build after changing your settings.

Some time does not equate to 24-48 hours to me, but thanks for the info. Also, it makes no sense that it isn't instant.

I've never had that issue. last night 4/5/2016, I changed to the fast ring, rebooted and within moments, I downloaded and installed 14295. then the morning of 4/6/2016 (I hadn't gotten on the fast ring before that), but 14316.1000 was available and downloaded.

point I'd like to make about 14316 guys:

When 14316 DID install, it took a loooooong time to update. there are 3 parts to the update and they take awhile. I had it install when I left to take my wife to a DR. Appointment. I got home and the install was completed. I left at 2of3 75%. the update took longer than the 14295 update/install. 14295 acted like more of an install since it had that installation interface where the ring counts the percent and well.. you get the point.

Now, I'm not sure about 14295, since I never got to check it out but I did see the extensions feature in Edge. seemed pretty clear cut and dry. Plus the edge reporting tool was live at the time.

-Chrisj1968 

Had the Fast Ring option set on my Surface pro 4 and didn't receive the update until this morning. However I switched my desktop PC from Slow to Fast and it found the update within minutes :/

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2016 at 1:12 PM, fusi0n said:

I'm signed in with my insider id on build, 14295. However, the new update doesn't show..

Here are my reg settings that I've read that can stop you from receiving them.. Any ideas?

win10notupdating.PNG

there doesn't seem to be a guarantee that if these various reg values exist and should work they actually work... unfortunately

• 4 weeks later...

About two days after getting back on the insider program (was on the Slow ring, for what it's worth), I was offered 14393 last night. So it does seem to take around 48 hours or so.