Need Book Suggestions / Resources

Question

Hey Guys/Gals,

As I'm getting closer to my programming classes for school, I'm wanting to prepare by getting used to the material before hand. Makes the classes a little bit easier.

C++ - Already have.

C# - Need.

PHP - Already Have.

MySQL - Already Have.

jQuery - Need.

Python - Need. (School Requirement)

Powershell - Need.

Java - Need (School Requirement)

WPF - Need (Mines outdated, I believe)

VB .Net - Need (Is this one worth it?)

Some of these books I've listed are for other projects, VB .Net / C++ / C# all work with WPF/XAML. Granted I'm not going to learn all of these in a year or two. I figure by my graduation date would be a good goal. August 2019 is my graduation projection. 

4 answers to this question

You might find Syncfusion's eBook resources useful: http://www.syncfusion.com/resources/techportal/ebooks

Just gotta sign-up, then you can download their eBooks for free. I've downloaded most of them, but haven't had chance to give them a read yet, however they cover a whole range of topics, in great specifity.

8 hours ago, Jack W said:

You might find Syncfusion's eBook resources useful: http://www.syncfusion.com/resources/techportal/ebooks

Just gotta sign-up, then you can download their eBooks for free. I've downloaded most of them, but haven't had chance to give them a read yet, however they cover a whole range of topics, in great specifity.

Sweetness! Thanks Jack!

12 minutes ago, Jack W said:

No worries. Let me know how you get on with them :) 

Will do. I'm looking for C++, it's something I've wanted to learn for a long time. I've got a few projects I've come up with that I want to code and be cross platform.