Mini-Spy not updating

Back to the old problem. Mini-spy just won't auto-update and requires a full reload of the page. I tried this on Chrome and Palemoon (the ads do resume refreshing).

I've sat here and watched it on one browser while reloading on another (and vice versa), and it did not update automatically.

For example, I posted this on one tab and looked back on the other, and the spy didn't update.

Good? I'm just reporting what I am getting. What browser version etc are you using?

Edit; it pops up the toast update when Gary replied and showed the message at the bottom of the page saying there was a reply. Still no mini-spy refresh.

after a refresh, try minimising the minispy, then restoring it, seems to sort of work (I usually end up with double post updates, but it seems to make it update)

5 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

after a refresh, try minimising the minispy, then restoring it, seems to sort of work (I usually end up with double post updates, but it seems to make it update)

Seems to have worked, at least for the moment

• Like 1

Probably just the mini-spy node server one one of the three webservers has fallen asleep. I'll give them all a kick now...

19 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

It does not for me all the time. Very sporadic and unreliable.

Everytime I make a post it shows up there. This one will.

21 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Everytime I make a post it shows up there. This one will.

Good for you. If only the site was meant just for you and nobody else. 

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Good for you. If only the site was meant just for you and nobody else. 

I was not saying that it was just that I do not have this problem. Dave Legg said he will give the servers a boot. Maybe that will help.  Maybe it is related to whatever browser you are using. I am using Fx 46 64 Bit on Windows 10 14332./

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I was not saying that it was just that I do not have this problem. Dave Legg said he will give the servers a boot. Maybe that will help.  Maybe it is related to whatever browser you are using. I am using Fx 46 64 Bit on Windows 10 14332./

You made it clear you don't have the problem earlier. I was confirming with the OP and you that it wasn't just him. 

I am certain it's not the browser I am using. 

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

You made it clear you don't have the problem earlier. I was confirming with the OP and you that it wasn't just him. 

I am certain it's not the browser I am using. 

How are you certain, have you tried other browsers? What happened to the regular Spy..?

I've checked the service on all three servers, and it's running fine. If you're experiencing issues, then it's likely you have something blocking websocket connections. If your browser didn't support websockets at all, it would failover to using an ajax-polling style to keep the minispy updated

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

How are you certain, have you tried other browsers? What happened to the regular Spy..?

I use multiple browsers daily in my line of work, so yes. 

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I use multiple browsers daily in my line of work, so yes. 

Dave said the server are OK, clear you cache and cookies and try using only one browser.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Dave said the server are OK, clear you cache and cookies and try using only one browser.

So first it's try different browsers and now it's just one? This problem happens to me across three different machines: my workstation, my laptop, and my Mac at home. Cache should not have any effect on a web socket unless it was stealth fixed and even then it's unlikely . 

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

So first it's try different browsers and now it's just one? This problem happens to me across three different machines: my workstation, my laptop, and my Mac at home. Cache should not have any effect on a web socket unless it was stealth fixed and even then it's unlikely . 

Do what you want to do, the site is not the problem, I would check what is common with these 3 machines and that would be your router.Maybe it is the skin, I don't know, just trying to help but it seems you do not need any. But you do what you want I am done with this thread.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

Do what you want to do, the site is not the problem, I would check what is common with these 3 machines and that would be your router.Maybe it is the skin, I don't know, just trying to help but it seems you do not need any. But you do what you want I am done with this thread.

It's easy to blame others right?

if you are trying to help me, realize that you don't know what you are talking about and stop giving me advice. That would help me the most. 

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

It's easy to blame others right?

if you are trying to help me, realize that you don't know what you are talking about and stop giving me advice. That would help me the most. 

Thanks!

You seem to enjoy it. Have a great life. C-Ya

25 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You seem to enjoy it. Have a great life. C-Ya

I didn't blame anyone. I reported an issue others are also experiencing. Stop trying to downplay it.